Pre-Eclampsia - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Juniper
Pre-Eclampsia

I ended up being induced with my last baby due to a fairly fast progressing preeclampsia. Luckily for me, i was 39 weeks, so it was no big deal.

I had a girlfriend who gave birth 8 weeks early due to her pre-eclampsia. She is really disturbed, looking back, by how oblivious she was to how sick she was. She didn't take it at all seriously. She's making it her mission to better educate women on how serious this is.

To that end, she made this website, talking about it. http://www.squidoo.com/preeclampsia..myjourney/

If you are pregnant, I would suggest visiting it and reading her story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 08:22 AM
MKE
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to MKE
Thanks for sharing that!

With DS, I developed a large fluid pouch under my belly. I called the nurse and she blew me off. I had an appt with my OB three days later and she was pissed that that nurse didn't tell her what was going on with me. My BP was super-high and they induced me that night. I had no clue at the time how serious it was. This time I will be so much more aware of the possiblity of pre-e.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I wish more pg women knew the symptoms of pre-e. I actually credit a mdc poster (gossamer) with educating me when I started having problems, without her I wouldn't have known how serious it was getting.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah that.
Hard-Core Sybermom

Thanks for that link.

Her and I have a lot in common, though mine didn't get as serious beforehand. We delivered at 34 weeks, but mine was bad enough afterward for me to continue to be a patient for almost two weeks.

At the time, I was more concerned with the twins and how they were doing in the NICU, but thankfully I had a couple of nurses who strong-armed me in explaining how serious my condition was. And basically told me I was going to have a stroke at any moment and it was time to rest. It was a humbling experience and looking back on it, I wasn't thinking clearly.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Juniper
I can't remember how much she said in her note there, but she was readmitted back to the hospital and was there for a while. She still gets those weird floaties (her baby is 8 months old now), and she was on heavy doses of blood pressure medication for 3 or 4 months afterwards.

Her brain swelled, and she's noticed her memory isn't as good, and i've noticed she has some trouble slurring her words and her vocabulary isn't what it used to be.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to ScreaminBeagle Send a message via MSN to ScreaminBeagle Send a message via Yahoo to ScreaminBeagle
I had pre-eclampsia with my first and was induced at 36w 5d. The doctors, nurses...nobody told me until I was in labor with my second that I had been diagnosed severely pre-eclamptic whatever that means. Nice of them to let me know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in