I finally bought some baby stuff. - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I finally bought some baby stuff.

I hit Babies 'R Us yesterday, mostly to look at car seats. I got a couple of long-sleeved Motherhood t's for 9.99 each, and an adorable dress for Susie that was on clearance for 6.99. I decided to look at another baby superstore nearby - Buy Buy Baby (I'm not sure if they are all over the country or not.) They had Hotslings on sale, and I just had to get one. And these cool little diaper/wipes/changing pad carryall thingy which I've wanted since Maggie was a baby. It always seemed worthless to carry around a diaper bag with umpteen pockets for bottles if the baby is nursing. So, this will be just perfect, especially for short trips.

Then I got home, and surfed Sybermoms for sling recommendations, wanting to see if people liked their Hotslings or not. And I saw the Peanut Shells that Scout recommended and had to get one of those, too. Click here to enlarge

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to ScreaminBeagle Send a message via MSN to ScreaminBeagle Send a message via Yahoo to ScreaminBeagle
Ohh, I'm definitely getting a peanut shell. Those look SO much easier than that confounded ring thingy. Click here to enlarge

I also plan on hitting BRU... you got some good deals there! Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I've bought a couple of girly sleepers but other than that all I need is a carseat which I'm buying this weekend. That is assuming my mil goes as out of control with the clothes as she's been threatening.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I need everything. The only things I have right now is some cloth diapers. Click here to enlarge

I want a new Maya Wrap, I love ring slings.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Oh, and I didn't end up getting a carseat afterall. Both stores had at least one for $89.99 and I have a 20% off coupon good at either store (they both take competitor's coupons.) I just wish they had one for $79.99. Our old infant seat is too old now to be safe for use so we really do need a new one.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Lips, the Babies R Us big baby sale should be starting up here in the next few weeks, I'd wait until then to buy the seat if you can.

I've got more than an ample supply of diapers(go look at my pictures in the review forum if you need proof) I have an entire Rubbermaid container full of sleepers and outfits(my sister just went and bought a bunch on Friday for the baby) and a big box full of misc. baby stuff I wanted/needed. All I really need is the infant insert for the Radian, and a pack n play. Ordering the insert next month, and I'm hopefully going to be picking the pack n play up from Strange next month.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm glad you had fun! Click here to enlarge I think I was about as far along as you before I even considered buying anything. And then I obsessed the whole time about how scary it was. Click here to enlarge

You'll love your Hotsling, especially at first. Mine was a lifesaver for Christmas shopping and even for Thanksgiving dinner. I put dd in it and she just passed out cold every time. Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

What is a peanut shell? I just looked at Callie's link to see what a hotsling is. Do they work well? Is it easy to put on and off? I don't know all these baby gadgets. Click here to enlarge

Callie I would be interested but I don't know if it is boy or girl.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
I have almost nothing. I had a coupon a few weeks ago and I bought a changing pad. That's all I have and it's still in the back of the car Click here to enlarge.

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThereBeLips
Oh, and I didn't end up getting a carseat afterall. Both stores had at least one for $89.99 and I have a 20% off coupon good at either store (they both take competitor's coupons.) I just wish they had one for $79.99. Our old infant seat is too old now to be safe for use so we really do need a new one.
I'm going to have that same problem. I don't think I'll be mentioning it to DH for awhile, though. Especially until we get our new car, which we have to get for me since I've got no more seats left for children!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I bought a new Graco travel system, with matching high chair and pack n' play since it was a good deal at walmart.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I ended up buying a few more outfits, and a pair of Robeez at Savers yesterday. Click here to enlarge
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Nodak - thanks for the head's up about the BRU sale - I'll keep my eye open for that. Click here to enlarge

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Yeah, we've bought nothing Click here to enlarge By this time with #1, we had everything Click here to enlarge.

A couple that took our crib at a garage sale (cuz, you know, we were done Click here to enlarge) gave it back. I told her we had no plans in using one, but then she told me that if she gave it back to us, she would then have a reason to buy the one she always wanted, so we have the crib. They also have our infant carseat that we had with DS and are pretty sure that their DD will be our of it by May (she was born in early Dec) so we will have that back. They ALSO gave us their single stroller Click here to enlarge.

So, as for all the big stuff, we're set. It's just the clothes and diapers we're lacking Click here to enlarge. Oh, my nice friend is also going to purchase the diapers for us (she's great at finding the deals). Obviously we are reimbursing her.

Do you think she'll also go into labor for me so I don't have toClick here to enlarge
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge

Here's the link for the Peanut Shell carriers.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm not a big baby wearing person, but I have a New Native to try this time around. I think I got turned off b/c I never figured out my Maya Wrap with dc#1 so I mailed it back Click here to enlarge
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Smooth, I never thought I'd be big into baby wearing either, but #2 just would not sleep unless he was laying on my chest for a good 6-8 weeks, so he basically lived in the baby Bjorn. It was then I realized just how nice having a carrier could be.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah that.
Hard-Core Sybermom

That peanut shell thing looks uncomfortable Click here to enlarge

I think I'm going to splurge on a hotsling, tho. It's about all I can think of that I'll need. Baby has its choice of three cribs Click here to enlarge and either pink or blue Amy Coe bedding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in