you would think by baby #5 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Hello Jello
you would think by baby #5

that I would know how many braxton hicks were normal vs something to be concerned about. I have been having them on and off for the past couple of days...just when I think "hmmm, maybe I should call the dr" they stop completely for hours.

They aren't painful, but they are definate contx. They are not in my lower back or anything, almost more on the top part of my uterus.

I am about 25 weeks along, baby is kicking fine and seems happy. How many do they say to worry about? More than 6 an hour?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to Box of Rain Send a message via MSN to Box of Rain Send a message via Yahoo to Box of Rain Send a message via Skype™ to Box of Rain
i only had 3, but it seems like the BH were way more common with each pg
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 03:44 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to terra
I'm only on my third, but I don't worry about BH at all. I didn't notice them with my first, did with my second, and now notice and ignore. Well, usually ignore. I find they got more persistent when I did something dumb, like stand for too long, cleaning, and carrying things against my belly. I started to think of them as my uterus giving a protest.

If it is just the top, not painful, and goes away when you chill out and have some water, they probably aren't affecting your cervix, and you could just chalk them up as toning for your uterus.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My doc says if you can indent your belly with your finger when you are having one, it's not a real contraction. Click here to enlarge I have B-H all the time, but they don't usually bother me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in