Finally, I can introduce my son Samuel Jule! - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Finally, I can introduce my son Samuel Jule!

Whoever said going from 2 kids to 3 was easy was LYING. Click here to enlarge I am exhausted and so busy it is insane. Click here to enlarge

But I am a very, very proud Click here to enlarge of my new little boy Samuel Jule who was born on December 16 at 7:30pm. I went in that morning for an induction because of the swelling I was having. I got to the hospital at 7am and they started Pitocin approximately a 1/2 hour later. Not much happened for a long time. DH and I played some cribbage, he ran a quick work errand and I relaxed and waited for some good contractions. I was already 4cm and about 80% effaced when I arrived that morning.

At noon my Dr came in and said it was time to break my water because I had had a full dosage of antibiotics for the Group B Strep. About 1:20 I was checked and had only dilated to 5. My Pitocin level was moved up to 7, which was still pretty low for most women, but it was working great for me. About 1/2 hour after that my back started hurting like crazy. It was BAD. I had really bad back labor with DD1 and realized that was what was happening again this time. I could take the pain of the contractions but I couldnt deal with the back pain, it was too much.

We called for the epidural and that was put in at 2:30. It was tough getting it done because my back was in so much pain that I couldnt curl very well and it hurt when he pressed on my spine. Finally though it was done and I had almost immediate relief.

At 3:00 they checked me and I was up to 6cm. I was trying to relax from the back pain but otherwise was fine. Just tired at that point. DH and I played more cards and watched TV for a while. At 3:50 they checked me again because I was feeling pain in my hips and the nurse said I was completely dilated! Yay! I think we got over eager at that point though because even though I was dilated, I had no sensation to push like I had with my 2 DD's. With them when it was time, I was just pushing, whether I wanted to or not. It was like breathing, I had very little control over it and it just happened. This time I didnt have that feeling but I didnt realize it right away.

My Dr was called and I started pushing at 4:00. My pushes were pathetic. Click here to enlarge I couldnt tell if I was being effective or not and I couldnt get good leverage to do a good push. They wanted me to lay back but that was killing my back so I wanted to be sitting up. I was also exhausted and hungry at this point and my pushing was making me light headed and dizzy. Not a good combo. After about 15 or 20 minutes of pushing I felt like I was going to pass out and felt nauseated. I freaked because I didnt want to get sick but it was too late. I was sooooooooo sick. Lovely. Click here to enlarge After I took a few minutes break we tried pushing again but it kept making me feel ill so we decided to stop for a while.

I rested until about 6:15 and we decided to try again. I pushed ineffectively for a good 30 minutes until they decided to give me oxygen. I was so lightheaded and dizzy and Sam's heartbeat would go down during my pushing. The oxygen was a huge help! I no longer felt dizzy and sick when I pushed and I wasnt feeling quite so tired. The nurses had me try turning from one side to another and doing a tug of war thing with a sheet but none of it was working. I finally asked if I could go on hands and knees to try that because I just knew I wasnt doing what I could be doing. I wished I could stand up and try that way but with the epidural they said I couldnt. But as long as I stayed on the bed I could do whatever I wanted. So I did hands and knees and it worked. I was making him move finally! They called my Dr back in a little after 7:00 and I moved back to my back for the final pushing.

I pushed until 7:30 exactly, when he was born. It didnt hurt, it was just difficult work. I got to hold him for about 10 or 15 minutes, which was wonderful. It was such a strange feeling to suddenly have another little person in my life! Click here to enlarge He went to the warmer while I was stitched up (2 small tears, one near my urethra) and he was cleaned up.

As for weight, my "little" guy wasnt so little! They put him on the scale and it said 9lbs 15.8oz, but he had pooped between birth and the scale so we are saying he was 10 lbs because he would have been if he had been weighed right away before pooping. Click here to enlarge He is perfect and such a cutie. He has a ton of dark hair like his daddy. Click here to enlarge

Things are going well for us. He had some pretty bad jaundice for a couple days so we had to go back in to the hospital twice over the weekend to have his levels tested. I think he is finally getting over it though now that my milk is in and he is eating regularly. He is a great nurser, thankfully!! DD2 was so hard to feed. So far Sam has been great and we havent had any problems.

Its hard to believe he is already 1 week old! Time is flying. Its a struggle trying to get everything done though. DD2 absolutely adores him and is very eager to love him up with hugs and kisses and pats and things. Click here to enlarge Sometimes she gets too over eager but it is sweet to watch her with him. She is only 20 months so it will be interesting and fun to watch them grow up so close in age. DD1 is also smitten with him and loves holding him. DH is so proud he acts like he is the only man to ever have a son. Click here to enlarge He just loves him.

As for Samuel's name, wow, that is a story I'll have to share later. We had quite a battle about it and didnt name him until the deadline 5 days after he was born! More on that later. Here are a few pictures of him!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Laura and Sam.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	25801  

Name:	Lucy and Sam.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	25802  

Name:	Sam's 1st bath at home.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	25803  

Name:	Sammy.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	25804  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thank you for sharing your story and he is very handsome. I love the hair!
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge Congrats!!!!

I have been thinking about you!! I'm glad you posted. I can't see the pictures Click here to enlarge

So talk to me more about going from 2 kids to 3 Click here to enlarge What are the ages of your other 2?
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

DD1 will be 10 in May. DD2 will be 2 in April. Can we say busy? Click here to enlarge

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oy! Mine are 9 and 6. They are independent it's just all the running around and functions that I'm worried about Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

He is beautiful, Mamakat! Click here to enlarge I love the photos with your girls. Such a sweet family. Congratulations to all of you. And I agree that 2-3 is not easy. You can't do a one-on-one defense anymore, you have to switch to zone. Click here to enlarge.

I'm sure I'll be pestering you as to how your 20 month old is doing, seeing as I'll have a 19 month old when I have this next one. Click here to enlarge

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

He's a beautiful boy! COngratulations!
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

He's very beautiful.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I just went to three, too, and it IS hard. Click here to enlarge

COngrats. He's adorable. Click here to enlarge
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Congratulations Click here to enlarge

Please consider being an organ donor and informing your family of your wishes.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah that.
Hard-Core Sybermom

Going from 1 to 3 wasn't easy Click here to enlarge

Congrats, MK, he's beautiful. And I love his name Click here to enlarge

I'm doing it because she asked but I really do her.
FMT
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

What a cutie! All that hair!
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Awww. We've been waiting to hear! Glad you're both healthy. What a cutie!
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Deb
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge big baby! congrats

and 2 to 3 IS hard, just for a bit. It gets way easier once you figure out the chaos.
anything after 3 is easy...4,5 all the same Click here to enlarge
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to tweedledum Send a message via MSN to tweedledum Send a message via Yahoo to tweedledum
so handsome Click here to enlarge
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

What a big beautiful baby! Congratulations (and I love his name!).
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

He's precious! I love his hair! Click here to enlarge
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 06:31 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge He is beautiful Congrats
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Congrats! Click here to enlarge
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Thank you everyone! Click here to enlarge He is a very easy baby so far so I should consider myself lucky! Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in