I'm baaaaack baby makers - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm baaaaack baby makers

I guess Kat received my money order because I'm allowed in this section again.

We went to the big time OB about my high riskiness. I was assuming I'd get some sort of talking to about my various risks, but he's just like "Um yeah, I'll be your doctor. Come back in a month. In answer to your question here are a bunch of VBAC stats."

He was nice. I dropped my necklace in the toilet at the office. They made me wait 1 hour for the appt which really sucked because ds was along. I wanted to take ds because I felt like some sort of need to prove that I was a good mother capable of making beautiful children.

I got busy at work last week and forgot to go to my midwife appointment. The pregnancy is going well, but I feel generally like a bag of dirt with the heat and the IBS and the tiredness so I'm going off on sickness/mat leave as of Aug 13th. It is such a lovely light at the end of this sweaty, waddling tunnel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Yummy!
see you're just a toe into high risk and nobody is actually concerned that your horrible riskiness is going to end in a cyclone of complications and terror. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

I find waiting an hour or more at the OB's office is somewhat normal although totally irritating. I only see the dr for 90 seconds but I always take a half day off work because it's just ridiculous.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I won't take ds with me next week and then the waiting won't be a problem (I know I was silly to take him the first time).

All I can think about is that in one week's time I will be in the warm embrace of mat leave and I think I'm going to nap for about a week straight.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My leave doesn't officially start until Jan 1 but I will probably finish up late Nov and use comp time and vacation for the end of nov and all of december. ahhhh I am looking forward to it. Click here to enlarge

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Nice! It'll be good to get off in November. You won't be dealing with the heat, but you'll be struggling through snow and slush and crap and who needs it? It'll be good to be able to finish up getting ready for the baby at a less than harried pace.

The way I put it to my NP was "the light at the end of the tunnel is mid-September (my original mat leave date). I'd really like to move that light up to about mid-August. I can hold out to mid-August."
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

my place of work shuts down for two weeks over the holidays anyway so I also get two "free" weeks that way. Click here to enlarge

this christmas is going to be the AWESOMEST because clearly I am going to be fit and spry and hopping around wrapping and decorating and playing christmas music right? Click here to enlarge

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Nurse Send a message via Yahoo to Dr. Nurse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy! View Post
my place of work shuts down for two weeks over the holidays anyway so I also get two "free" weeks that way. Click here to enlarge

this christmas is going to be the AWESOMEST because clearly I am going to be fit and spry and hopping around wrapping and decorating and playing christmas music right? Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge I was due with Trent on January 13th, he came the 28th of December. I won't really say anymore because it's possible you handle the end of pregnancy better than I do Click here to enlarge.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy! View Post

Seeing as you'll have all that spare time you should probably throw a big family Christmas dinner. Invite everyone to stay with you for a few days.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

We are going to give dd's room a big makeover and I was telling DH we should do it over christmas break and boy did he give me the hairy eyeball Click here to enlarge considering my due date is Jan 4 or something like that.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My due date with Katie was 12/22 (she was born 1/1) and that was the most miserable Christmas EVAH! Click here to enlarge No shit, I just laid on the floor at my parents house and moaned because I was so huge and uncomfortable. Julia was born 1/19 and it was marginally better.

I'm sure you'll be great, though. Click here to enlarge
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Nurse Send a message via Yahoo to Dr. Nurse
Stinky when we came home from my aunt's on Christmas Eve I just wanted someone to shoot me, I couldn't even sit back because it felt like Trent was crushing my lungs Click here to enlarge.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

dd is with her dad this year on christmas eve/ christmas day and NOBODY is invited and it's going to be just dh and me and I am thinking dim sum and the movies will be just what I want. With a secondary option of staying in my nightgown all day and night. Click here to enlarge

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm due well before the holidays and I still don't want to do jack shit this year. I've tried to figure out a nice way to tell my mom she's not invited for xmas. Yeah that didn't work so well. My sister was ticked.

I've held my ground. Nobody is coming to my house for xmas, or Thanksgiving. Make your own damn turkeys I'm eating boxed mash potatoes and frozen turkey from MIL's. At least I wont have to cook it, and I wont have to clean it up.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oh. I like having Christmas at our house. We usually only have about 8ish people so it's not overwhelming although my Mom and dh gave me some sort of talking to one year that I get too stressed out and do too much and I said "IS THIS LIKE SOME CHRISTMAS INTERVENTION? BECAUSE YOU BOTH CAN SCREW OFF! If I want to make SQUASH AND POTATOES AND SPINACH AND SALAD AND AND AND, it's my business." I do hate when dh's Mom and my Mom and his Aunt are all in my kitchen in my goddamn way. Go sit down and have a damn glass of wine.

I don't even know what they were talking about. I buy a de-boned, pre-stuffed turkey and get Mom or dh to cook it (I'm a vegetarian) so it's not like it's party overload.

I will have a 3 month old this year so it might get interesting. Maybe we'll do take-out Chinese like Yummy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in