Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   Gestation Station (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/30-gestation-station/)
-   -   Just a big old whiny post (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/30-gestation-station/612930-just-big-old-whiny-post.html)

silentjen 03-09-2011 11:37 AM

Just a big old whiny post

I don't know what is wrong with me. I can't seem to relax at all about this pregnancy. I worry every single day that something might be wrong. I am 17 weeks and a few days now and I am getting really impatient to feel the baby move. I haven't felt anything yet that I could accurately describe as baby movements and for some reason, I got it in my head that I should have felt something by now. I'm also a big girl to begin with and I carry a lot of weight around my belly so there is no baby bump to see. I don't look any different and most days I don't even feel pregnant.

I really should just stay off the damn internet. So many others on my due date board have been feeling the baby for a few weeks now and are happily showing pictures of their big bellies.

I know I should just be patient, I just don't know how to relax. I've longed for this baby for years and now that it's happened, I can't even fucking relax long enough to enjoy this pregnancy. I am upset and frustrated with myself, yet I can't seem to just relax and be patient. My next ultrasound is in two weeks. I feel like I'm going to lose it between now and then.

Mammabear 03-09-2011 01:00 PM

I felt just like you too. I stressed the whole pregnancy and everything was fine.I think for me it was my miscarrage 7 yrs ago .
Just try and relax and remember that worrying does nothing but make you miserable. Easier said than done, I know!

:love

OverTheTop 03-09-2011 01:59 PM

After having had 4 miscarriages in a row, I totally have felt that way through so much of this pregnancy. Even once I started feeling him move, I would have panic-stricken periods when I was sure something was wrong because he was still for a while.

Dr. Nurse 03-09-2011 02:11 PM

:grope I had a rough pregnancy with little girl. I'm sure everything is fine when is your big u/s?

Dr. Nurse 03-09-2011 02:12 PM

Oh duh reading fast I hope the next two weeks fly by and you see your little monkey is fine :)

terra 03-09-2011 07:14 PM

Depending on where your placenta is, you may not feel movement for a couple weeks yet, and then nothing consistent for a few weeks more.

If it makes you feel any better, I am still in a few pre-maternity pants at 33 weeks. :lmao Most I cannot comfortably button now, but seriously... Baby is totally on target, she just has space to hide in me in.

It'll get easier when you are feeling movements. :love

wren 03-09-2011 09:38 PM

I was a basket case during this last pregnancy because of my age so I got one of those little heartbeat doppler thingies off amazon for about $80. Something "bebe", I can't remember. I could hear the heart beat long before I felt movement; I think the first time I found it successfully was about 10 weeks. It was really nice to check in with the baby once a day until the movement flutters became more regular. :)

The best part I turned around and sold it as slightly used for about $10 less than what I paid for it originally. Win win! :lol

silentjen 03-10-2011 06:33 AM

Thanks guys :love

Wren, I thought about renting a fetal doppler but I'm way too paranoid for that I think. If I couldn't find the heartbeat for some reason, I'd probably freak out more. I'd also worry about becoming obsessive about it. I did give it some serious thought yesterday and even found a local place that will rent to me but my DH pooh-pooh'd that idea quickly because he knows how paranoid I can get :lol

silentjen 03-10-2011 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terra (Post 9486393)
If it makes you feel any better, I am still in a few pre-maternity pants at 33 weeks. :lmao Most I cannot comfortably button now, but seriously... Baby is totally on target, she just has space to hide in me in.

I hear ya. In my last pregnancy I only bought one pair of maternity pants and that was for work. I still fit into all of my clothes right to the bitter end :lol

You are right, the baby just has much more room to hide in all my fluffiness :)

silentjen 03-11-2011 06:41 AM

Well, on a whim I purchased a fetal doppler yesterday. I saw an ad on craigslist from a new mom selling her doppler for $30 and she lives a few minutes from my house! My DH found the heartbeat within seconds of trying and DD got to hear it too.

I am feeling so reassured and happy today :love

Dr. Nurse 03-11-2011 09:33 AM

Yay! I had the smallest amount of gain and was the smallest with izzy who was my biggest kid :lol. Just something to keep in mind if you're worried about how big the belly is.

OverTheTop 03-11-2011 10:39 AM

Glad you got the Doppler for reassurance! I didn't buy one since I could use the one at work, but I still had many times when I wished I had one at home.

Doodlewig 03-11-2011 01:27 PM

I was 10 times more stressed the second time.

silentjen 03-14-2011 06:51 AM

It's like I've never been pregnant before. I don't remember any of this :lol

todolist 03-16-2011 04:08 PM

I had a weird impending sense of doom my entire pregnancy. I couldn't shake it for anything. He's beautiful and thriving. I think someone hit the nail on the head when they suggested it might be related to my daughters dx.

I'm glad you are feeling better after buying the doppler.

Yummy! 03-18-2011 09:39 AM

my belly didn't get nearly as big with ds as it did with dd and they were the same size and everything was fine.

Patsit 03-18-2011 09:40 AM

I had two very norman PG's and if I would have decided to have a third I probably would have bought a doppler too, just to play.

I'm glad it helps to reassure you. :love

betholio 03-18-2011 07:04 PM

I was very worried while pregnant with ds2 also. I know it was the miscarriage between ds1 and ds2 causing me to be fearful. I was really lucky that later in the pregnancy any time I started to worry that I hadn't felt any movement the little guys would hoof me. Ds1 was quicker with the kicks but ds2 never let me stress for more than about 10 minutes. Thanks for reminding me of that.

It all turned out fine. I'm sure it will for you too. It's cool you got a doppler.