Level 2 ultrasound and update - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via MSN to silentjen Send a message via Yahoo to silentjen
Level 2 ultrasound and update

I went in for my level 2 (anatomical) ultrasound yesterday with DH and DD. After what seemed like an eternity (particularly with a full bladder) the tech said that from what she could see everything looked fine although she couldn't get a good shot of the heart as the baby was all curled up so I have to go back for that. DH and DD were then invited in to take a look. DD was just thrilled. The tech handed her the pictures and she walked around the hospital clutching them and wanting to show them to every stranger we passed Click here to enlarge

The tech asked if I had any history of fibroids. I don't know if she found any on the ultrasound, but it did make me curious about them. Anyone have any experience with fibroids?

I am so happy and relieved to have seen the baby and to see it moving! I haven't really felt any movement or kicks so I was starting to worry.

I told my manager earlier this week that I was pregnant and he was very congratulatory and reassuring. I said that there would be many doctor visits and appointments and he said that I should take all the time I need and not to stress or worry about it at all. He's a great boss Click here to enlarge

I guess the next stage is to share the pregnancy with my coworkers although I am oddly not interested in doing that just yet. I guess I don't really like all the attention that usually comes with an announcement like this.

I had my first visit with a new therapist on Monday to help me sort out issues with my mom and to help me set boundaries. So far so good. My employer covers 6 sessions with the therapist which is such a great benefit considering his hourly rate is $150.

So that is my update...no complaints this time. I'm just feeling really happy and blessed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Nurse Send a message via Yahoo to Dr. Nurse
And what is the gender???
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Yummy!
i never really told my coworkers other than the ones I work directly with. I just... showed. Click here to enlarge

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Gender not specified....we are leaving it a surprise Click here to enlarge

Well, my pregnancy was just announced to my immediate team during a team meeting. I wonder how fast the news will spread Click here to enlarge
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy! View Post
i never really told my coworkers other than the ones I work directly with. I just... showed. Click here to enlarge
I might have gone the same way but due to my usual ample belly, I could probably make it to 7 or 8 months without anyone knowing Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Yummy!
it's amazing how long it takes the info to really get around. There was one week when I was about 6 mos pregnant where everyone was dropping by my office from all over because they weren't sure if I was pregnant or not after seeing me walk past or something Click here to enlarge

watching people look at your belly then your face then your belly then your face trying to figure it out is also very amusing

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to OverTheTop
I still occasionally get that reaction from people at work who haven't seen me in a while. When I was about 20 weeks, the kids' pediatrician saw me in the hallway and did the whole face, belly, face, belly look. I laughed and told him that its a boy, and I had to get pregnant because someone had to keep him in business. Click here to enlarge He is always booked completely, and only accepts new patients that are born into his practice, or have older siblings there already.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge I'm so excited for you.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge. Glad everything looked good and you are handling your business (going to the therapist, I mean). Good for you!

When I was about 8 weeks along with my first I walked into a staff meeting of about 60 people and one of the nurses says, "You pregnant? You ARE pregnant! Y'all, she is TOTALLY PREGNANT!!". That's how mine got announced at work. Click here to enlarge

"Hands that help are far better than lips that pray."

--Robert G. Ingersoll (1833-1899)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentjen View Post
Gender not specified....we are leaving it a surprise Click here to enlarge

Well, my pregnancy was just announced to my immediate team during a team meeting. I wonder how fast the news will spread Click here to enlarge

SO RUDE OF YOU! Maybe you could get the u/s tech to email one of us SMs Click here to enlarge

I'm glad everything looks healthy and good for you for starting therapy!!

MY PRESENCE IS YOUR PRESENT, BITCHES!

Quote:
went fishing today with my man and when he went to sit down in the chair. the chair slipped and he fell into the lake and it scared me.
20 May
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Thanks to this thread I had a dream about you last night SJ. You're having a boy, sorry to ruin the surprise. Click here to enlarge

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parapraxis View Post
Thanks to this thread I had a dream about you last night SJ. You're having a boy, sorry to ruin the surprise. Click here to enlarge
I would love a boy Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in