Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   Gestation Station (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/30-gestation-station/)
-   -   35 weeks (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/30-gestation-station/618360-35-weeks.html)

silentjen 07-12-2011 07:08 AM

35 weeks

I wonder if anyone even reads in here anymore? :lol

Well, I am at 35 weeks. I swear the time just crawled by and all of a sudden, it's moving at lightening speed. Amanda came 2 weeks early and if this one does the same (or I end up getting induced), there could be a baby here in 3 freaking weeks. I am suddenly panicked about getting everything ready but in reality, there is not much to do really. We're ready for the baby, even if he/she doesn't have a completed room or a spotless house to come home to.

This is my last week of work and I'm finding that really bittersweet. Everyone keeps saying they are so jealous and "oh, you must be so excited" but honestly, I love my job and love being here every day. I just don't like the commute - I won't miss that. I hope I don't end up home and depressed. I will have DD with me though so that will either be really nice or she'll drive me batty lol.

Blood pressure is still awesome, no weight gain at all, gestational diabetes is in full force but I'm doing my best to keep my blood sugar numbers good. Lots of ultrasounds coming up - they want to keep an eye on the size of the baby although I know these u/s are notorious for being inaccurate. OB says she will only consider c-section if the baby is very large - around 11 lbs or if there are other factors such as high blood pressure. Otherwise, I can expect to probably be induced by 39 weeks or so but they will just keep an eye on things for now.

I'm so excited and happy. It's been a really joyful time in my life.

Patsit 07-12-2011 07:32 AM

:clap :love I do read in here and I am so excited for you.

I am really really proud of you IRT the GS and watching the weight gain. I know you were very concerned and you did an awesome job. You should be so very proud of yourself.

:heart

tweedledum 07-12-2011 11:57 AM

way to go on the weight gain (or lack there of) that is awesome. you did such a great job, jen!!! and awesome on the BP!!! :love

wren 07-12-2011 04:35 PM

I can't believe you're almost done. :faint. It's so exciting.

judymoody 07-12-2011 06:48 PM

shortest pregnancy ever. So excited and happy for you!

betholio 07-15-2011 10:35 PM

It is quiet in here. I'm glad things are going well for you. I had to go off work early myself, but I left ds1 partly in daycare so I spent a lot of my time resting and watching British mysteries.

silentjen 07-20-2011 10:14 AM

I'm off work and home with my kid and we're having a great time together :love I love that we get to hang out - just her and I - before the baby comes :)

silentjen 07-25-2011 05:17 PM

37 weeks...had an ultrasound today and baby is estimated at almost 8 lbs...pray for me lol

silentjen 07-29-2011 11:56 AM

Dr. is talking induction late next week. :faint

wren 08-01-2011 02:25 PM

So you'll be 39 weeks then?

silentjen 08-03-2011 05:45 AM

Blood pressure is a bit elevated at this point so he's concerned. I think he would like to induce me this Friday (38 weeks, 5days) but I'm seeing an OBGYN for a consult this afternoon so I'll know more then.

I'm starting to get freaked out.

Lorrie 08-03-2011 07:09 AM

I cannot believe you are 38 weeks. Good luck with your appointment today.