A beer worth trying - Page 10 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Got Balls? A place for our Syberdads to post for support and chatter about their balls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 271 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Actually the case price was only $17.99

From the ME............ some fall beers

http://www.sybermoms.com/forums/showthread.php?t=578594

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Southern Tier Heavy Weizen

Imperial Wheat Beer?

Yes indeed. I like this beer, perhaps more than the website ratings. There is something midtaste that malt, hops and whatever all work in unison. Wild head and nice finish as well. If you like the wheat style I think you will like this. If you are looking for something out of the ordinary, give it a sip.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #183 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

stirthepot

Green Flash Le Freak

OK, blending a west coast IPA and a Belgian trippel. Looks good on paper, but never really works out in the real world.

poster most fowl

post #184 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Trader Joes Vintage Ale 2009

Somewhere it mentions this beer can be aged for several years, that is probably a good idea. It has a very strong bite, probably the ginger mentioned in the reviews, and it is dark and strong. Like one is plenty. The cork was a Unibroue (a give away as to who is brewing this) and their labels are usually enough to scare me away.

Rogue Yellow Snow IPA

unimpressed, maybe I have a cold

It was just lacking.

Tecate

Usually after sampling a decent beer a "regular" beer usually explodes with notes- Red Stripe- grass/ San Miguel- malt/ Steinlager- grass,

But Tecate, not so much. It could be a cold.

poster most fowl

post #185 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

De Dolle Brouwers nacht

Dulle Teve (mad bitch)

Somehow in the way I can click from page to page on the internets I somehow managed to read reviews from De Dolle and locate them on Google Earth. I recognized the mad bitch label, so I found not one, but two products from this brewery. A very nice Tripel, strong, but the alcohol is well hidden.

De Dolle Stille Nacht

Woo! Belgian Strong Ale. 12% abv. after the Mad Bitch probably not the greatest idea, awesome head and sweet flavors. The alcohol lies underneath the fruits and to a lesser extent- hops.

both were 4.99 a 12 oz. bottle

poster most fowl

post #186 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

La Rulles Triple

It was decent, but did nothing to wow me.

Saison Dupont Vieille Provision

Belgian Farmhouse Ale, dusty, spices, easy drinking.

Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA

This was a very nice IPA, I would buy it again.

Fort Collins Rocky Mountain IPA

This beer was decent, if I was smart I would have sample it with the Great Lakes IPA, and I would have posted these reviews during the the past week or so when I actually consumed them.

poster most fowl

post #187 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Delirium Nol

If it was winter
and I was
snowed in
by a
fireplace (with a glass)
all
would be
well
with the
world

Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #188 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Sam Adams Long Shot Six Pack

extra work~~~~~~~~~~~Click here to enlarge

Cranberry Wit

It is not a bad beer, and the cranberry is not overpowering. If you like Leinenkugel type stuff, jump on this. I would pass.

Samuel Adams LongShot Double IPA

Surprisingly well made DIPA. 9%ABV, this is a quality product.

Samuel Adams LongShot Traditional Bock

This is the sleeper, a very nice Bock.

I found this menage-a-trois in a six pack, two of each, for $4.99
The two Double IPAs in a 22oz bomber would easily be worth the price. You then get two nice Bocks and two Cranberry beers FOR FREE!!!1. Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #189 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

sampled this today

Laughing Dog AlphaDog Imperial IPA

Soapy pine, dry and nice.

Crotch Sniffing Bastard

I picked up a chewed Aspirn flavor, which for an Extra Strong Bitter is a good thing. I sampled this too soon after the Alpha Dog, but it seems like a nice brew.

Laughing Dog Dogzilla Black IPA

This one didn't make much sense. I said I wasn't sure what I thought yet, and a guy with a beard and ponytail made some snarky comment. He had a clipboard and a calculator, he was probably trying to rep it in the store.

poster most fowl

post #190 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 05:30 PM
MHM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My new favorite beer ever. Wish it wasn't over $10 a 6 pack though!

http://www.stonebrew.com/tasting/ipa/
post #191 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Thanks for posting, try the Ruination or the Levitation also, Stone makes some nice beers.

poster most fowl

post #192 of 271 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

since I have not posted much in here...........

here are some samples from a tasting a week ago.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/goose-i...ie/101468/2/1/

Belgian Saison

http://www.silly-beer.com/p_scotch_en.htm

Scotch Ale, made in Belgium. Everyone I made try this liked it a lot, and I made a lot of people try it.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/three-f...son/70634/2/1/

seasonal ESB from Three Floyds, nice beer.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/hoppin-...her/65881/1/1/

oatmeal stout, strong and smooth, I'm not a stout drinker, but I bought a bottle

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/founder...-rye-pa/30010/

IPA with a rye twist, very nice

poster most fowl

post #193 of 271 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to LulaFortune
Im gonna have to look for the Cranberry Wit, I like Leinenkugel.

Last week I had this white on tap:

http://www.allagash.com/white.htm
I'd never had it before, it was really good.
post #194 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Ale Asylum

Ale Asylum Ballistic IPA

A decent IPA, but I would choose others before I would pick this again.

Ale Asylum Hopalicious

nice pale ale w/hops

poster most fowl

post #195 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Weyerbacher Unfiltered Double Simcoe IPA

an amazing complex, hoppy, malty, bitter, unfiltered, 4 fingered head of foam, did I say complex?, burnt orange, cloudy way to enjoy a beer.

points off for a boring name

Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #196 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 09:01 AM
MHM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I thought you would like this, TJ.
New Belgium is a local brewery, and they are known for being a great and fun place to work for many reasons, but this is one fun thing they do. Every year they have a contest for employees. They mix a number of their beers into one drink, and employees can taste it and then guess which beers are in it and in what percentages. The employee who is closest gets to create the beer of their dreams, and New Belgium makes it and sells it for one year, until the next contest rolls around.
post #197 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

New Belgium Ranger IPA

I had one of these last night MHM, they are fairly new here. Not bad, I had a lot of other stuff going on so I didn't get too reflective over it. I noticed their Abbey and Tripel in sixpacks. I was wary of trying them out, but I noticed they scored very well. I have not tried any of their "Lips of Faith" stuff yet. You?

poster most fowl

post #198 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 01:14 PM
MHM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have not tried any of the Lips of Faith stuff yet. We don't make it to their tasting room very often, unfortunately. I do like their new Ranger IPA. It's not the best IPA on earth, but it's pretty good. DH loves their 1554 and Trippel.
Their Fat Tire bikes are in HUGE demand around here. Getting ahold of one is like winning the lottery. Click here to enlarge They give one to each employee on their 1 year anniversary of being hired.
post #199 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Goose Island Pere Jacques

Rusty red, nice white head, taste of sugar, alcohol and malt. It works.

poster most fowl

post #200 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

el Mole Ocho

Interesting dark red, malty aroma, taste of chocolate, coffeee and mild hint of chili. Interesting is the keyword. Not bad, not something I can't wait to sip again. Porter fans might enjoy this one.

poster most fowl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in