Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   Got Balls? (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/42-got-balls/)
-   -   A beer worth trying (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/42-got-balls/425719-beer-worth-trying.html)

turkeyjoe 04-23-2010 08:30 PM

Three Floyds Rabbid Rabbit Saison

cloudy yellow body, small but solid head and..... nothing spectacular to report.
good, but not great, I would rather drink Goose Island Sofie, or buy a euro saison for similar price.

turkeyjoe 05-18-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHM (Post 9117383)
Their Fat Tire bikes are in HUGE demand around here. Getting ahold of one is like winning the lottery. :lol They give one to each employee on their 1 year anniversary of being hired.

My local store has a FT Bike. They are holding a drawing for it. You enter by purchasing a Fat Tire product. Cool Bike.

turkeyjoe 05-29-2010 04:42 PM

I tasted this Point Whole Hog Imperial Pilsner

It wasn't a bad beer, but it wasn't what I wanted.

I was hoping more for something like this Ale Asylum Hopalicious

Time to drive to Wisconsin :CAM

turkeyjoe 06-18-2010 10:46 AM

turkeyjoe 08-10-2010 08:22 PM

Sometime around late June.........

Pearl Street Pale Ale on tap at Buzzard Billys, LaCrosse, WI. Heavy carmel sweetness, actually too sweet.

Furthermore Fatty Boombalatty It's been so long I do not really remember the exact details, I do remember it being a combination of styles I was not overwhelmed by

Ale Asylum Bedlam! More an unfiltered IPA with some quirks than a real Belgian experience, but it wasn't a bad IPA. I would by this again.

Sad reviews, one should not review beer in August they consumed in June.

turkeyjoe 08-27-2010 09:04 PM

Beer from 2 weeks ago- actual Belgium brews in 22oz bombers for $4.99-$3.99-and $2.99. Wow- what a great price, are the brews worth it?

De Proef Cuvee Euphorique
De Proef Cuvee Mystique
De Proef Lunatique (Cuvee Diabolique)

Unfortunately, no.

I was not impressed, even at the cheap price

Tonights samplings-

Stone Cali-Belgique IPA (Cali-BelgiŽ)

probably the best Belgium-IPA mix I have ever had. What it means......I'm not sure.

Stone 14th Anniversary Emperial IPA Tasty beer brewed to represent the English style overhopped and sent to troops in India. A nice beer and one I would enjoy at a later date.

turkeyjoe 08-30-2010 07:18 PM

Rogue Juniper Pale Ale

Nice beer, the juniper is there, but not overpowering.

turkeyjoe 08-31-2010 07:03 PM

moderation

Quote:

Moderate drinking, which is defined as one to three drinks per day, is associated with the lowest mortality rates in alcohol studies.

Time

turkeyjoe 09-03-2010 09:24 PM

New Holland Beerhive Tripel

Copper red with a decent head and carbonation on the side of the glass. Nice Tripel with an uneven mix of honey (strong) and ginger (weak). Not a bad beer, nothing to complain about here. I would drink it again, but it is a bit rough around the edges.

turkeyjoe 09-24-2010 11:32 PM

Two Brothers Atom Smasher

I'm enjoying this, nice deep body and oaky finish for a marzen. Try this one.

Green Flash Imperial IPA

Solid DIPA, true to the style.

freakmagnet 09-28-2010 03:16 PM

TJ - Have you tried any of Unibroue's beers? http://beeradvocate.com/articles/666

A sampler is available at Trader Joe's.

turkeyjoe 09-28-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakmagnet (Post 9304250)
TJ - Have you tried any of Unibroue's beers? http://beeradvocate.com/articles/666

A sampler is available at Trader Joe's.

I have not, I should try the sampler. Their labels scare me. :soscary

freakmagnet 09-29-2010 08:41 AM

Dh and I really liked the 'Chambly' beers from the sampler. The Ephemere fruity ale was too sweet and fruity for my taste.

turkeyjoe 10-11-2010 11:24 AM

I thought I had posted these, something happened.

Moylans Hopsickle Imperial India Pale Ale

Floral nose, hoppy, oily, all things a great imperial IPA should be. I think I'm getting a bit tired of the in your face style.

AleSmith X

Nice pale ale with hoppiness

Bells Twenty-Fifth Anniversary Ale

single 12oz. bottle, malty ale with raisin flavors, fairly strong alcohol content noticeable.

turkeyjoe 10-24-2010 12:26 PM

How about the 20 worst beers?

turkeyjoe 10-24-2010 06:26 PM

Grand Teton Trout Hop Black IPA

This comes in a fancy bottle, and black IPAs as a whole are alien to me. But, I liked this. Piney, hoppy nose, and a black body, yet the dark malt taste is not there how you would figure. An interesting combo. I will try another.

label

turkeyjoe 11-05-2010 10:35 PM

Stone 10.10.10 Vertical Epic Ale

What a nose! Belgian yeast and musty grapes are apparent as you...........

clean up a 22oz mess.

I had too much in my hands as I came in the door and the bag ripped and I hack y- sacked the bottle off my foot, but it still broke.

Next up..........

turkeyjoe 11-10-2010 08:12 PM

I stopped by the same store and bought another bottle, I told him my sad tale and he did not charge me for this bottle. (!) I did not expect this, it was my fault,

That was the good news, this beer is a mess.

No head, some weird flowery smells and a strange wine finish. Weak body for a tripel

9.5% abv, I don't taste it. Yuck.

Pass.

turkeyjoe 11-13-2010 05:02 PM

Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Our Brewers Reserve - Grand Cru

...Or we made an oak aged, full bodied, hoppy beer that is very worth a try.

turkeyjoe 11-26-2010 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Smuttynose Big A IPA

A big hoppy IPA with a bitter finish (understatement) , I would not have placed the abv at 9.2%.

Three Floyds Aotearoa

On tap @ 3Floyds Nice beer brewed with Aotearoa (New Zealand) ingredients, a malty and hoppy blend that I enjoyed.

my 3F glass