A beer worth trying - Page 11 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Got Balls? A place for our Syberdads to post for support and chatter about their balls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Three Floyds Rabbid Rabbit Saison

cloudy yellow body, small but solid head and..... nothing spectacular to report.
good, but not great, I would rather drink Goose Island Sofie, or buy a euro saison for similar price.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 271 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHM View Post
Their Fat Tire bikes are in HUGE demand around here. Getting ahold of one is like winning the lottery. Click here to enlarge They give one to each employee on their 1 year anniversary of being hired.
My local store has a FT Bike. They are holding a drawing for it. You enter by purchasing a Fat Tire product. Cool Bike.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #203 of 271 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

I tasted this Point Whole Hog Imperial Pilsner

It wasn't a bad beer, but it wasn't what I wanted.

I was hoping more for something like this Ale Asylum Hopalicious

Time to drive to Wisconsin Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #204 of 271 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Modern Lady Beer ads

Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #205 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Sometime around late June.........

Pearl Street Pale Ale on tap at Buzzard Billys, LaCrosse, WI. Heavy carmel sweetness, actually too sweet.

Furthermore Fatty Boombalatty It's been so long I do not really remember the exact details, I do remember it being a combination of styles I was not overwhelmed by

Ale Asylum Bedlam! More an unfiltered IPA with some quirks than a real Belgian experience, but it wasn't a bad IPA. I would by this again.

Sad reviews, one should not review beer in August they consumed in June.

poster most fowl

post #206 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Beer from 2 weeks ago- actual Belgium brews in 22oz bombers for $4.99-$3.99-and $2.99. Wow- what a great price, are the brews worth it?

De Proef Cuvee Euphorique
De Proef Cuvee Mystique
De Proef Lunatique (Cuvee Diabolique)

Unfortunately, no.

I was not impressed, even at the cheap price

Tonights samplings-

Stone Cali-Belgique IPA (Cali-BelgiŽ)

probably the best Belgium-IPA mix I have ever had. What it means......I'm not sure.

Stone 14th Anniversary Emperial IPA Tasty beer brewed to represent the English style overhopped and sent to troops in India. A nice beer and one I would enjoy at a later date.

poster most fowl

post #207 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Rogue Juniper Pale Ale

Nice beer, the juniper is there, but not overpowering.

poster most fowl

post #208 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Smile moderation

Quote:
Moderate drinking, which is defined as one to three drinks per day, is associated with the lowest mortality rates in alcohol studies.

Time

poster most fowl

post #209 of 271 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

New Holland Beerhive Tripel

Copper red with a decent head and carbonation on the side of the glass. Nice Tripel with an uneven mix of honey (strong) and ginger (weak). Not a bad beer, nothing to complain about here. I would drink it again, but it is a bit rough around the edges.

poster most fowl

post #210 of 271 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Two Brothers Atom Smasher

I'm enjoying this, nice deep body and oaky finish for a marzen. Try this one.

Green Flash Imperial IPA

Solid DIPA, true to the style.

poster most fowl

post #211 of 271 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

TJ - Have you tried any of Unibroue's beers? http://beeradvocate.com/articles/666

A sampler is available at Trader Joe's.
post #212 of 271 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmagnet View Post
TJ - Have you tried any of Unibroue's beers? http://beeradvocate.com/articles/666

A sampler is available at Trader Joe's.
I have not, I should try the sampler. Their labels scare me. Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #213 of 271 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Dh and I really liked the 'Chambly' beers from the sampler. The Ephemere fruity ale was too sweet and fruity for my taste.
post #214 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

I thought I had posted these, something happened.

Moylans Hopsickle Imperial India Pale Ale

Floral nose, hoppy, oily, all things a great imperial IPA should be. I think I'm getting a bit tired of the in your face style.

AleSmith X

Nice pale ale with hoppiness

Bells Twenty-Fifth Anniversary Ale

single 12oz. bottle, malty ale with raisin flavors, fairly strong alcohol content noticeable.

poster most fowl

post #215 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

How about the 20 worst beers?

http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/TheWorstBeers.asp
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1...8.html#s162318

poster most fowl

post #216 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Grand Teton Trout Hop Black IPA

This comes in a fancy bottle, and black IPAs as a whole are alien to me. But, I liked this. Piney, hoppy nose, and a black body, yet the dark malt taste is not there how you would figure. An interesting combo. I will try another.

label

poster most fowl

post #217 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Stone 10.10.10 Vertical Epic Ale

What a nose! Belgian yeast and musty grapes are apparent as you...........

clean up a 22oz mess.

I had too much in my hands as I came in the door and the bag ripped and I hack y- sacked the bottle off my foot, but it still broke.

Next up..........

poster most fowl

post #218 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

I stopped by the same store and bought another bottle, I told him my sad tale and he did not charge me for this bottle. (!) I did not expect this, it was my fault,

That was the good news, this beer is a mess.

No head, some weird flowery smells and a strange wine finish. Weak body for a tripel

9.5% abv, I don't taste it. Yuck.

Pass.

poster most fowl

post #219 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Our Brewers Reserve - Grand Cru

...Or we made an oak aged, full bodied, hoppy beer that is very worth a try.

poster most fowl

post #220 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Smuttynose Big A IPA

A big hoppy IPA with a bitter finish (understatement) , I would not have placed the abv at 9.2%.

Three Floyds Aotearoa

On tap @ 3Floyds Nice beer brewed with Aotearoa (New Zealand) ingredients, a malty and hoppy blend that I enjoyed.

my 3F glass
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9450.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	29275  

poster most fowl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in