A beer worth trying - Page 13 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Got Balls? A place for our Syberdads to post for support and chatter about their balls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 271 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Firestone Walker Double Jack IPA

I was expecting to do battle with a double IPA after being kicked out of bed (see the SNL thread) and feeling like crap. But was I surprised. A DIPA that has manners, and wows at the same time. An easily drinkable 9.5% ABV? I thought if I log into ratebeer and this scores an 85 or something, I will raise a ruckus, but the raters on ratebeer had the same experience I did. F'ing Sweet, and from my stomping grounds on the central coast to boot. Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 271 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Porters

Bells Porter

Tasted side by side on tap, I liked the Great Lakes better. I'm not a porter drinker, but the GL-EFP is a nice beer. I felt it had more flavor and was a richer overall experience.

Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter

Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter

on tap-
Unfair to compare with the above two, but a burly porter. Nice, rich, strong.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #243 of 271 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Sam Adams Latitude 48 Series

A limited release twelve pack with a 5 hop IPA. You get two beers of the 5 hop IPA and 10 beers (2 each) of the 5 hops individually. Interesting marketing idea, some of the parts appear to be more than the combined sum.

Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA

the five-

Simcoe

Zeus

Ahtanum

East Kent Goldings

hallertau-mittelfrueh

poster most fowl

post #244 of 271 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Do you have one in your store?

I'm going to win.

poster most fowl

post #245 of 271 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyjoe View Post
Where did you drink it?

What did it taste like?

Did you like it?

Sounds interesting, thanks for commenting.
It's an Uber Abbey Ale. I tried it at a Beer Fest. Very good.
post #246 of 271 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

time to play catch up

Firestone Walkers Reserve

Nice Porter, I still prefer the Great Lakes porter.

Ommegang Hennepin
Very nice outdoors summer beer,
I had it on tap and could not find it at my local beer establishment, so I settled for Ommegang Belgian-style Pale Ale I was not impressed. I found the Hennepin later in the bottle and it did not disappoint.

Point Nude Beach Summer Wheat

In a can, not bad. Compare to Blue Moon.

Howe Sound Devils Elbow IPA
Not bad, I bought it for the 1 litre flip top to use for home brewing.

poster most fowl

post #247 of 271 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

playing catch up

Bells Best Brown Ale

I had this with the Robert the Bruce, I liked this better.

Three Floyds Robert The Bruce My least wowed 3F product

Boulevard Long Strange Tripel

and

Boulevard Double Wide IPA

Both of these were good, I would buy them again.

Flat Branch Green Chili Beer

The most awesome chili beer ever, a huge chili nose and a heated finish, not a great beer, but 50 lbs of Anaheim Chilies let you know they are there.

poster most fowl

post #248 of 271 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Wisconsin Field Trip

Capital Island Wheat

Brewed with wheat from Washington Island, WI But not an outstanding wheat beer.

Hinterland Cherry Wheat Ale

Tart finish and cherry completely dominates the wheat. I had cherries in my beer, on my french toast, and on some outstanding duck while in Door Co. Perhaps in the beer was too much.

Hinterland Pale Ale
meh, not great

Tyranena Rockys Revenge Bourbon Brown

Finished SILs, nice beer

poster most fowl

post #249 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

beer tent review

You should buy this-

Summit Silver Anniversary Ale

Very nice beer, try it if you can find it. Twin Cities people, you have no excuse.

poster most fowl

post #250 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to pumpkinsmom
http://www.molsoncoorscanada.com/en/...s%20White.aspx

My current favourite.

Cancer is a word not a sentence.
post #251 of 271 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout

On tap. Amazing nose, delicious vanilla and custard smells from two feet away. I told a total stranger to smell this beer. "Wow". And it's a nice stout at the same time. The only problem is it is a bit too sweetish to drink too much of. If you ever want an after dinner beer and a dessert, this is it.

poster most fowl

post #252 of 271 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Pale Ales in a can

Onion Paddy Pale Ale

Finch’s Cut Throat Pale Ale

Half Acre Daisy Cutter

Point Cascade Pale Ale

There has been a push to market pale ale beer in cans recently. They rate all over the point scale. The Finch and Daisy have a bitter finish, I like the Wild Onion, the Point is a budget buy and better than any the regular, readily available domestic swill.

poster most fowl

post #253 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'd Tap That! 50 Beers to Try Right Now

poster most fowl

post #254 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Stone 15th Anniversary Escondidian Imperial Black IPA Escondidian? Is that even a word? One who hails from Escondido? And if you do, how cool would that be to have this brewery in your town, and live near the ocean in SoCal? The beer itself is good, dark strong and hoppy. But it reminded me of another beer. So let's go over here.........

Flying Dog Wild Dog Barrel-Aged Gonzo I have discovered one thing I don't like in my beer is oak. Oak aged, oak chips, anything oak has been a general let down. Yet I bought this, and it sells for 5 or 6 dollars a bottle. You don't taste oak, you taste whiskey notes on an already fine imperial porter. My beer guy had mentioned this was one of the best beers he has ever tasted, I might agree.

Three Floyds Zombie Dust
"One of these things is not like the other....... " Hoppy APA Click here to enlarge Sampled at a drawing to win the chance to purchase a bottle of Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout currently selling from 40-100 dollars on ebay. Zombie Dust is hard to find.

poster most fowl

post #255 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Lagunitas Sucks Holiday Ale

12 oz. bottle Hoppy nose, golden color, bready and medium body, then a bitter, astringent finsh. Winter Seasonal? Not Really. ASA? Not Really. Worth a try? Heck Yeah.

Firestone Walker 15 (XV) 76% Barleywine, a blend of 8 different beers put together by local winemakers. Interesting, but too strong for my tastes. Sampled during turkey day.

poster most fowl

post #256 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

I was going to grow these, until I read this:

Quote:
Hops are poisonous to dogs if ingested and veterinary assistance should be sought should this occur.
Who knew?

poster most fowl

post #257 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

I have tired of the whole beer rating thing.....Click here to enlarge

But this is just too good.

Great Divide Espresso Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout

Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #258 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

There is a ratebeer ap for android phones, it is a very handy tool.

poster most fowl

post #259 of 271 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

agree with

agree with author good!
post #260 of 271 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Urgent Message to Cali peeps

http://www.firestonebeer.com/mingle/...-beer-fest.php

click on breweries, YOU MUST ATTEND. Sure to be great.

I may have to be there, my dad has a ticket Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in