A beer worth trying - Page 2 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Got Balls? A place for our Syberdads to post for support and chatter about their balls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Erik can never, ever, ever, ever have a Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout again. Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge

I'm sorry. Tell Erik that I'm sorry for him. I'll see if I can find some good homebrew recipes for him. There may be something in my Beer Bible (Papazian's book).

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

"I was just arguing global warming again this past week with someone. She watched Gore's POS movie and believes every freckin' work of it. I told her that he can't even get the hurricane on the cover to spin the right way, and that's just the START of the problems with that movie. Needless to say the conversation with her went downhill from there." -- a meteorologist friend
post #23 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

I saw the sorghum stuff (New Grist?) for $6.99 a 6 pack, not that spendy.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #24 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA ..................ok

Three Floyds is far more complex.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #25 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 03:22 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Monty Python Holy Grail beer does not live up to the name

Click here to enlarge
post #26 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 06:20 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

47- We live in the midwest but there is a family here who has a micro brew in Cal. who make only gluten-free I will try to get the name for you.
post #27 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

The truncated winter break report

3 floyds

alpha klaus

black sun

alpha king

all good, the alpha king may have surpassed hop devil as my fav.

goose island

IPA, not bad

ska

decadent IPA, nice beer @ 10% ABV too

I also bought some unmarked organic crap made by AB that sucked. very weak. Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #28 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Goose Island has a few good beers. Try their amber ale.

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

"I was just arguing global warming again this past week with someone. She watched Gore's POS movie and believes every freckin' work of it. I told her that he can't even get the hurricane on the cover to spin the right way, and that's just the START of the problems with that movie. Needless to say the conversation with her went downhill from there." -- a meteorologist friend
post #29 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

turkey is currently on hiatus/diet

Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #30 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge

When you come off of your hiatus, try Michigan Brewing Company's stuff. It's excellent. I always liked it better than even Bell's beers.

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

post #31 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Well no posts in almost 100 days? Click here to enlarge

Then I noticed the diet post, so that explains it.

Drank this in the Twin Cities,

it rained for 72 straight hours?

http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/beer...w=0&SortedBy=2

nice IPA

Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #32 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/avery-t...ale-ale/44485/

Avery The Maharaja Imperial India Pale Ale

bleah, yuck.

When the reviews talk about "not being complex" they mean it tastes like a blah bland mess, with a dry hopped finish.Click here to enlarge

perhaps this was a bad bottle ? ?

poster most fowl

post #33 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyjoe
Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA ..................ok

Three Floyds is far more complex.
Have you tried the 120 Minute IPA? That is better.

post #34 of 271 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

So none of you had a beer worth mentioning here during the month of April?

What are you, a bunch of girls?

poster most fowl

post #35 of 271 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I had a whole lot of beer, which has more to do with my kitchen remodel and less to do with good beer. Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge
post #36 of 271 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Well, I just had Victory Storm King Stout last night as an after dinner drink. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/345/1013 It happens to be so chocolatey delicious. And with over 9 % ABV, it's truly all you need. Click here to enlarge

post #37 of 271 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I can't drink beer for months still Click here to enlarge
DH is a hop fan, I will have to try and find that first beer for him for fathers day.

speaking of high ABV beers, Long trail makes one called "double bag" - a double alt. You would never guess it was 7.2% - it is very smooth and drinkable. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/94/273
post #38 of 271 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Lagunitas Undercover Shut-Down Ale

Pours an interesting walnut color with a very nice head. 9.28% alc, As an ale, woody pine aroma, with a strong bitter finish. Strong malt, hops present, but not as in your face, except at the end.

My guy at the liquor store mentioned this was coming in the next day. Lagunitas was shut down and investigated as part of a drug ring. It turns out some guys in the back may have smoked pot. My bottle was labeled "sneak release". Not a session beer, I will probably run amok on the ME after I finish it. Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #39 of 271 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Oh wow, TJ, that sounds aweome.

post #40 of 271 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Anderson Valley Hop Ottin IPA

Tasty IPA, bottle in restaurant. Waitress did not bring a glass!

poster most fowl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in