A beer worth trying - Page 5 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Got Balls? A place for our Syberdads to post for support and chatter about their balls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 271 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Lagunitas Lumpy Gravy

meh

Something didn't go quite right between the middle to end. This is labeled as an "American Strong Ale". The Imperial Red was also an ASA and was so much better. I had a Goose Island Honkers Ale afterwards and found it more enjoyable.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 271 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

bumpClick here to enlarge

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #83 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball

Ok, Hairy Eyeball? Lumpy Gravy? What is up with the marketing dept. at Lagunitas?

I did not like the Lumpy Gravy, but I did read the reviews before I tried it and wondered if I had quaffed with bias.
So I made sure I sipped first and clicked later.

What did I find?

This is marketed as a strong english ale/ winter ale, and it fits the bill with a 9% abv. and a deep malt backbone. My thoughts? meh, I'm a hophead.
The ratings after drinking? It scores well.

* I stopped at my favorite liquor store and was talking to the head beer guy and he mentioned they do a radio show every Friday. I was at home and sure enough on an AM station I have never heard of, they had a segment where they tried wine and beer. This guy was so nervous, Click here to enlarge
The best part was when they tried Flying Dog's Doggy Style Pale Ale and a caller mentioned how much his wife liked Doggy Style in the can. The on air staff missed it completely. Click here to enlarge (I know they missed it because any other sexual innuendo was chuckled at)

poster most fowl

post #84 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Samuel Adams Imperial Pilsner

Hoppy? Yes, but a little unbalanced on the hop side. A good beer, but a Southern Tier or Hopslam is far superior.

poster most fowl

post #85 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

wow

Victory Hop Wallop

The last beer described itself as an intense hop experience. The last beer has never met Hop Wallop. Not since Stone Ruination have I had such a hopsided experience. One reviewer captured the moment nicely,

"unpleasant crushed aspirin vibe"

YET, this beer works! It deserves its rating and there is a very sweet malt part that is easily overlooked as I'm taken back to my youth. There was a low hanging pine tree and I would always pull a few needles and chew them on my walk home. Throw some grapefruit rind in the mix and hop into the sunset.

Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #86 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Hatchy Milatchy
that sounds positively vile, tj. Click here to enlarge Glad you enjoyed it, though. Click here to enlarge
post #87 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm having issues with the Imperial/Double India Pale Ale (IPA) label. The variety of beer falling into that style is too broad. Case in point:

Dogfish Head Burton Baton

The beer is aged in oak casks and has an definite oak flavor, similar to bourbon. This beer does not taste like an IPA at all, it is closer to the Lagunitas Imperial Red, with an oak presence. It is also very expensive, which is my fault because there was no shelf sticker.

poster most fowl

post #88 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Victory Saison, LOVED it. So good, a little strong, but I like that.
post #89 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Lagunitas Maximus

A stronger version of their IPA, this is a good beer.
Not as good as the 3F or Bells Double IPAs, but it was 3.99 for a 22oz bomber, so it was a decent buy.

poster most fowl

post #90 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

http://www.tatuagemdaboa.com.br/

put your first name in the top box, and your last in the second box

then hit visualize.

I have no sound card and I'm sure there is a language barrier

but I used Turkey and Joe and it was worth a chuckle.

poster most fowl

post #91 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to Kundalini Send a message via Yahoo to Kundalini
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyjoe
http://www.tatuagemdaboa.com.br/

put your first name in the top box, and your last in the second box

then hit visualize.

I have no sound card and I'm sure there is a language barrier

but I used Turkey and Joe and it was worth a chuckle.
Click here to enlarge
post #92 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Southern Tier IPA

Good IPA, I like the unearthly Imperial IPA, but this is a decent drinker. Hoppy edge.

poster most fowl

post #93 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Chouffe Houblon Dobbelen IPA Tripel

This beer has the biggest head by far of any beer I have ever had. It is self supporting and stands above the glass, it slowly breaks down into tufa style shapes and remains after the beer is gone. The "Doubblen IPA" drew me to it, but it is a Tripel style Belgian with the fruity twang and taste. Therefore, it was is not something I will likely buy again, but if you like the style, it garnered some high marks.

poster most fowl

post #94 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to scout
Hebrew Genesis Ale Click here to enlarge

Bought it for the name, was pleasantly surprised.
post #95 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

black beer is the only good beer any normal or light beer isnt worth my time
post #96 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Tell me more about this black beer.......

poster most fowl

post #97 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Browning's She-Devil IIPA

meh.

It claims to be vintage bottled from last year, so maybe some of the hoppiness has lost its edge. I compared it to this.

No contest, carbonation, body, aroma, etc. The Lagunitas product kicks butt. The benchmark comparison is a handy tool, but I have an 8:00A.M. staff meeting, so I have to balance research and responsibility. Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #98 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I need to find Victory Hop Wallop for dh - he is such a hop freak. I just bought a 12 pack of magic hat for him because it had HIPA in it, which I thought (correctly) that he would like it.
Unfortunately, we always find magic hat to be such a disappointment. If you have ever been to the brewery in VT, it is such great beer - yet when bottled, I have rarely tasted anything worse. #9 is hands down the worst thing I have put in my mouth (this week Click here to enlarge)
He loves saisons as well - I wil have to check that one out.

As I have mentioned before, I live close to the portsmouth brewery, and it is worth the trip to have the Wheat wine http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/portsmo...at-wine/43693/
I am not sure if they bottle it, but they just brewed a batch and it is in the brewery right now. I saw the name and thought that I would not be interested, but I love it.
post #99 of 271 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Thanks for posting,

It is cool to hear about the micro-brews in a particular region.

poster most fowl

post #100 of 271 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree IPA

I was hesitant to buy this due to the price and high alcohol content (13.6%)
I had heard it was a very hoppy beer.

Dark Copper with a thin head, the first sip brought back memories of a something I could not place for a moment. The malty foundation had the distinct notes of a Sugar Daddy. Click here to enlarge

I was expecting some hop madness and did not find it, I was expecting some alcohol burn, and I did not find that either. What I did find was a interesting beer that is dominated by the caramel malt flavors. Nice beer, but the price
(13.99 for a 4-pack :nadah) is beyond my normal budget.

peas marinate

poster most fowl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in