A beer worth trying - Page 6 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Got Balls? A place for our Syberdads to post for support and chatter about their balls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 271 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

cross posted

Reef Sandals

These have a built in bottle opener in the sole. It works.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 271 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Lagunitas Lucky 13

I prefer the Imperial Red. But it was decent. 4.99 for a bomber.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #103 of 271 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I like Red Stripe.
post #104 of 271 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by justa
For those of you in the northeast, I'd like to recommend Smuttynose IPA. http://www.smuttynose.com/
Click here to enlarge
Well I finally picked up some smuttynose IPA. Golden orange color, amazing super white head that lasts, grapefruit and bitter. Nice beer.

I like Red Stripe too as a beer to drink cold when it is hot.

poster most fowl

post #105 of 271 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 10:10 PM
MHM
Unsupportive Freeloader

New Belgium 1554 is our current favorite. Click here to enlarge
post #106 of 271 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Redhook has just come out with a Maibock, I am not sure if you can get it in bottles, but if you have a brewery in your area you may be able to get it. They will not put it in growlers though - very sad about that Click here to enlarge I also could not get a growler of Nitro-porter, cask conditioned long hammer IPA or the Cask conditioned IPA. A very disappointing moment there.

Smuttynose is releasing a saison in the big bottle series (YUM) and is planning a release of Catherine The Great Imperial Stout tommorrow (supposedly rated the second best beer in the world Click here to enlarge who picks that??)
I hope we can find the saison...we have bought our usual saison, Saison Dupont http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/saison-...rovision/5386/
twice this year, and both times it was horrifically skunked. I felt like I was drinking heineken Click here to enlarge
$10+ a bottle, I am not happy
post #107 of 271 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Peak Organic

Peak Organic Nut Brown Ale

It is a brown ale with a hint of nuttyness, I found it in the orphink bucket for 49 cents. Organic? I can't taste a difference. It may well be healthy and good for you because I didn't find it all that great.

meh Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #108 of 271 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

This isn't so much about trying a beer, but an article on that Kate the Great Imperial Stout release I mentioned in my previous post -

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/p.../NEWS09&sfad=1

I love the guy at the end "It seems odd people don't "get" it" Click here to enlarge
post #109 of 271 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Life's too short to drink bad beer
Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #110 of 271 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Bitburger Premium Pils

I picked this up because it looked like decent flavored beer that wouldn't put you out for a nap. It is a decent German pilsner.

I was on the patio looking for a bottle opener when I remembered, I was wearing two! The reef sandals were a big hit, and they worked great.

poster most fowl

post #111 of 271 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Leinenkugels Summer Shandy

Another refrigerator gift from BIL. At somepoint in the future I will drink these. Who knows when?

poster most fowl

post #112 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Okay, way behind on this thread, the Shandy has a Mike's Hard Lemonade taste, not beer like at all.

The west coast tour-

the goal was to drink things not sold in the midwest.

Metolius Dolly Varden India Pale Ale

Perhaps beer drinking was not at the top of my to do list, but this was an ok, beer. The rate beer drinkers think less of it.

Stone IPA
Good IPA, of course. Did not see the ruination around.

Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale
A big complex beer, it was not cold enough and I was at a get together, not the time for dealing with something big. Not for the bud light crowd. needs a retaste. This is an aggressive beer. You probably won't like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. Need a quiet night after everyone has gone to bed and I'm in a poker game. Click here to enlarge

Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat
I liked it, it was different. I also picked up an Indica, which I believe has been previously reviewed. for the lazy Click here to enlarge

Green Flash West Coast IPA
Good IPA, of the West Coast style

Firestone Double Barrel Ale
This beer was available everywhere on the Central Coast. Nice ale with a good body, good to see the local guys get their product some market saturation.

Central Coast Chai Cream Ale
I left this oddity in Mom's frig. No idea.

Sorry, not a lot of detail, I was busy, having fun.

poster most fowl

post #113 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyjoe
Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale
A big complex beer, it was not cold enough and I was at a get together, not the time for dealing with something big. Not for the bud light crowd. needs a retaste. This is an aggressive beer. You probably won't like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. Need a quiet night after everyone has gone to bed and I'm in a poker game. Click here to enlarge

That's DH's favorite.
post #114 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

www.ratebeer.com/beer/south-shore-honey-pils/16237/2/1/]South Shore Honey Pils

Click here to enlarge missing something, pilsner taste perhaps? I don't even taste the ho.ney. Flat and bland.

Victory Prima Pils

I like hoppy, I like Victory's HopDevil very much, I like a clean crisp beer at times. I was not knocked over by this. Expected more hops.

poster most fowl

post #115 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Reef Sandals

These have a built in bottle opener in the sole. It works.
Have you seen the ones with the built in flask? Click here to enlarge
post #116 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won't like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.
Is that what the bottle said? Click here to enlarge Thats awesome

We went to upstate NY a couple weekends ago, and checked out utica club brewery, which makes saranac beers.
On tap they were passable, if there was nothing I liked better at a pub I would go for the
pomegranate wheat - decent, light, good summer beer, not fruity.
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/saranac...e-wheat/71679/
black forest- a passable marzen style ale
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/saranac-black-forest/548/
Imperial IPA - again, passable, but suprisingly lacking any hops punch
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/saranac...ial-ipa/68166/

The pasturazation kills any little bit of life these brews have, so don't even bother in a bottle. The pomegranate wheat in particular, takes on the most foul taste once bottled.

The full line was not available at the brewery, so even though we would have liked to try the ESB or either of the porters, it was not to be.
post #117 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

full circle

It was 2006, hanging out in Chattanooga on the way back home from Florida that I ended up with a bomber of Ruination IPA. I also had a fine cigar and a good book. I went out to a table and enjoyed all three. The beer took some getting used to, the first sips were not pleasant. This was not like any beer I had been exposed to. Bitterness! It took some getting used to, but the result is this thread, some 6 pages long. I found a 6-pack this afternoon on my Wisconsin shopping expedition.

Quote:
"Liquid poem to the glory of the hop!"

Ruination IPA

This beer lacks the floral nose of the 3F Dreadnaught, it does carry the grapefruit/pine needles taste. Bitter on the back end.

Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #118 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

how cool is this?

Stone 08.08.08 Vertical Epic Ale

How cool is this? I find the 08.08.08 Vertical Ale!

Released each year on the X-X-X day/month/year

Coolness= Click here to enlarge tres chic

Taste= Click here to enlarge Belgian style, not a fan
I taste Dust!

bleah!

poster most fowl

post #119 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

how cool is this II?

Three Floyds Fantabulous Resplendence (XI Anniversary Ale)

Smooth ale with caramel malt backbone, very nice beer outside the 3F formula. Hops are present but not overpowering. A very nice beer.

poster most fowl

post #120 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Skype™ to justa
Quote:
Leinenkugels Summer Shandy

Another refrigerator gift from BIL. At somepoint in the future I will drink these. Who knows when?

Would you recommend it? I bought the Berry one and was really disappointed. it was WAY too sweet; even for me, and I like sweet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in