A beer worth trying - Page 7 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Got Balls? A place for our Syberdads to post for support and chatter about their balls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by justa
Would you recommend it? I bought the Berry one and was really disappointed. it was WAY too sweet; even for me, and I like sweet.
for some reason I just KNOW any leinenkugels is going to suck Click here to enlarge they have the case at sams club, and no matter how cheap it is I just won't buy it Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Skype™ to justa
Click here to enlarge I was truly disappointed. I had seen them in the store and beem curious; then I heard the guys from one of my favorite radio shows raving about it so i figured 'wth, I'll try one'. That six pack took a loooong time to leave my fridge. Click here to enlarge
post #123 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

The shandy is like drinking lemonade.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #124 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm new to this forum and am not sure if anyone has mentioned this (although I went through the 7 pages of this thread I couldn't find much on this) but does anyone here brew their own beer?

I actually brew beer and mead (honey wine) at my house. I find them really fun projects. Beer only takes about 2 weeks to be drinkable while mead takes about 9 months. It is really fun to make your own because you can add all sorts of fun flavors and create your own personal favorite beer.

Right now I am brewing a stout beet which I added a slight amount of cloves to round out the flavor and a red ale with calendula (which is great for GI issues as well as tasting really yummy).
Click here to enlarge
post #125 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Welcome sjones! Click here to enlarge

There are a few homebrewers here. I have been slowly moving towards brewing, I guess I'm a chicken.

I'm going to post a thread here to address the topic and hopefully get me going.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #126 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Hoppin Frog Mean Manalishi

Something was wrong, this beer was missing something. It scores a 98 on rate beer, but I was puzzled. A reviewer put it in perspective. This beer lacks a balance of malt sweetness most D-IPAs usually pack. The result is more of a dry bitter taste. Not a bad beer, but I prefer others.

poster most fowl

post #127 of 271 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Victory Golden Monkey

from some guy named Fat Tony
Quote:
this beer is a mystery. I canít figure out just how they got that monkey to piss in the bottle. The rancid smell was followed up by a rancid taste, at least it was consistent. Godawful. Canít reconcile my score with what I see here, maybe a bad bottle?

The first bottle I opened early today was flat, no head whatsoever, it looked like gasoline. Ds asked if I was drinking scotch. Very Odd, the wife had sampled this on tap at The Yardhouse, it did not taste like this at all.

Anyway, I opened a second bottle and it did behave like a Tripel Ale. Totally different from the earlier beer.

At this point I should mention I'm not a big Belgian Beer Type, my expertise is about on par with my wine tasting ability.

Amateur.

That being said, I think I get the what they are going for, and this (at least the second bottle) is a good beer.

poster most fowl

post #128 of 271 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

more from hopping frog

Hoppin Frog Gulden Fraug

Fruity aroma, but much heavier malts and caramel sweetness, this beer is 10.5% alcohol Click here to enlarge It will probably sneak up on me. Fruity nose, but much heavier body much heavier body than the tripels I have been tasting. I have mentioned the world of Belgian styles is somewhat new to me.

poster most fowl

post #129 of 271 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 11:53 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to LulaFortune
http://www.magichat.net/ Magic Hat #9 (they have lot's o' brews but I recommend #9)

http://www.yuengling.com/beers.htm Yuengling Lager is also very good.

Neither of which I can find anywhere in So Cal sadly...
post #130 of 271 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

That magic hat website is crazy!

poster most fowl

post #131 of 271 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Abita Jockamo IPA

nice IPA, not too strong, but hoppy enough to make me happy. Out of Louisiana.

Southern Tier Cherry Saison sampled a week ago

It did not make an impression on me, but I'm not a big drinker from the region/style. Though as I say that a lot I guess I become more schooled.

(whatever that means)

poster most fowl

post #132 of 271 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

This thread is like a job

a job I Click here to enlarge, but it is still work

Some IPA testing.........

First some history...... the India Pale Ale refers to beer sent from the British Isles to India. To survive the voyage, brewers over hopped the product.

Three Floyds BlackHeart English IPA

Quote:
Blackheart English India Pale Ale is a throw back historical ale brewed when English I.P.A.s were hopped up to last the long voyage from England to colonial troops in India. Using English malts, English hops, English yeast and aged slightly in oak for a 19th century taste.
Overall impression: This is a nice drinkable beer, it lacks the floral nose and back end of the American/West coast IPAs, but it is a well crafted beer, and a bit of history too.

Lakefront IPA
This a well balanced IPA, at first drink it doesn't disappoint, nor does it knock you out. It doesn't do anything wrong and that is a compliment for an IPA. This is a nice drinkable beer, and I would consider Milwaukee local, which is a plus.

poster most fowl

post #133 of 271 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

**Click here to enlarge tip**

If you are tasting a beer, drink it with one or two others, you will taste amazing differences cross tasting. Great contrast.

poster most fowl

post #134 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

two stage-

first off

Sierra Nevada Summerfest this is a big let down for most SN fans, decent when compared to most domestic swill, but nothing to rave about.

poster most fowl

post #135 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

second off- about a week ago............

This was supposed to be a two part thread, in addition to the Summer Fest I made the hajj to Muenster IN and visited the 3 Floyd's Pub/Brewery. I wanted to sample the Dreadnaught on tap, but they were out. Click here to enlarge The wife and I sampled a Gumballhead(3F Wheatbeer) She wanted to try a Pale Ale, but they were out. I wanted to see a T-Shirt with their new logo, but they were out. I wanted to stay and drink more, but we were on the ass end of a Chicago commute, and I was driving, so we bolted.

I think the Gumball on tap was hoppier than the bottled I'm drinking now. It definately kicks ass over the Sierra Nevada Harvest (wet hop ale) I picked up, They make a big deal over dumping fresh harvested Yakima hops into their brew. I can't taste them?? The Gball head has some incredible grapefruit magic going on. Wow.

poster most fowl

post #136 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Miller Lite

So everyone is stopping after work at the nearby watering hole.

Ugh, how is this even enjoyable?

poster most fowl

post #137 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Diet Hiatus-

Feel free to add your reviews,

Octoberfest, Pumpkin Ales.................

poster most fowl

post #138 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Sure I come back and you take a break?

I just got to sample some Left Coast Brewing Company Hop Juice Double IPA.
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3073/18014

http://www.leftcoastbrewing.com/beers.htm

It was quite drinkable, but a bit sweet for me. I still stand by my beloved Hop Devil as the best hoppy beer!

post #139 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Three Floyds BrooDoo

I have figured out the Three Floyd's mindset.

If you have enjoyed Chinese food with friends and added, "In the Bedroom...." to your fortune cookie, Just take any beer, Wheat, IPA, Pale Ale and add "With Hops."

This is a harvest ale, with a gimmick of rushing the fresh hops from the field to the tank in <24 hrs. I have sampled similar beers that have used this technique, but the results have been MEH.

This is a good drinkable beer. Only 5.5% ABV, it tastes stronger and is a nice beer.

Click here to enlarge day totally ruined my diet

poster most fowl

post #140 of 271 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 05:50 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/victory...lop/29211/954/

I had this last night. If you don't like hoppy beers, don't even go near it. It is quite strong, 8.5%, and packs quite a hop punch. It has a little fruity aroma, but it isn't sweet. Overall, I would give it a thumbs up, but am glad it is a seasonal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in