A beer worth trying - Page 4 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Got Balls? A place for our Syberdads to post for support and chatter about their balls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Guy at liquor store pulled this out of a box..........

http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/beer...w=0&SortedBy=1

Something about paying $150 for a bottle of beer, which is a cask aged 26% alcohol something or other, very odd. I don't even think I would enjoy it.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Beerhore
I am a beer worth trying.
post #63 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to scout
I am currently in love with Schlafly beer from St. Louis. Their Pumpkin Ale was great, and their Winter ESB is good, too. I am dying to try their Coffee Stout, though I haven't seen it around here in stores.
post #64 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/lagunit...ial-red/44450/

a lighter version of the shutdown

they seem to have carved a niche with the maple sugar/ grapefruit hop brew.

good stuff

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #65 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

http://www.flixxy.com/tipping-point.htm

poster most fowl

post #66 of 271 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

wow

http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/lagunit...o-stout/39077/

I'm not a big stout drinker, but I have noticed two things about Lagunitas product tagged "Limited Release"

1. I really like them

2. I never see them on the shelf again.............

-Stout with coffee, 8.3% alcohol. Does an abv. that high overpower the brew?

Not at all, this beer is smooth and interesting. My only hope is my BIL tells me he is drinking wine tomorrow and I can get the second bottle. I will probably give to my other BIL if that is the case.

The store had smuttynose, I have not seen it around here, but my hands were full.........next time.

poster most fowl

post #67 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 03:54 AM
Ambulance Chaser

i am glad to see my beloved three floyds well represented here.

among TJs highlights from them, i would like to add the rabbid rabbit and gorch fock and if you can get into the brew pub in the fall, the gorm noire (they don't bottle it).

they make a russian stout called Dark Lord that pours like motor oil and is nearly impossible to get (they have a big festival to release it every year and limit sales to half a case of 22 oz bottles. it sells out by noon). if you can get your hands on it though, it's amazing.

i have also been exploring this brewery: http://www.darkhorsebrewery.com/our_brews.asp

i discovered the sapient tripale sort of by accident and it is excellent. their IPA and amber are pretty good as well.
post #68 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

So this beer is sold in a "Growler" which is a 64oz. jug. Our supermarket landed some, which is odd because this beer is not a local offering and a gallon of beer is a tad unusual. Anyway it was too spendy for me to sample, around $10-11 something, at one point it was on sale for $9, not really a sale. Anyway it disappeared and tonight I see it inside the cooler for $5.99!

So, what am I going to do with a gallon of beer Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #69 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyjoe
Click here to enlarge Drink it, of course! Click here to enlarge

Rogue is relatively local to me. It is not sold here in 6-packs, but in the larger single bottles (20oz?)

Someone I love very much has Friedreich's Ataxia – a devastating, genetically-based neurological disorder that progressively takes away a person's motor skills, speech skills, bone and muscle strength – and, ultimately, his or her life. Click the link to watch and learn more.
post #70 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to scout
Drink it with the wife? I daresay DH and I could take down a gallon of beer. Click here to enlarge
post #71 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu's petals
Click here to enlarge Drink it, of course! Click here to enlarge

Rogue is relatively local to me. It is not sold here in 6-packs, but in the larger single bottles (20oz?)
22oz bombers. I save mine to bottle my future homebrew. (not in the forseeable future, but someday.)

poster most fowl

post #72 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

That's where all our good bottles go, too. You should start soon -- it's really fun and you can start relatively inexpensively. I can't wait to read your thread about your homebrewing adventures.

Someone I love very much has Friedreich's Ataxia – a devastating, genetically-based neurological disorder that progressively takes away a person's motor skills, speech skills, bone and muscle strength – and, ultimately, his or her life. Click the link to watch and learn more.
post #73 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout
Drink it with the wife? I daresay DH and I could take down a gallon of beer. Click here to enlarge
I told her I plan on having one beer this Friday.

poster most fowl

post #74 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Now perhaps Friday evening after a long work week is not the best time to accurately judge a COLD BEER, but somebody has to do it.

This is a very good Imp IPA, a nice drinker. I'm wondering now why I only bought one. Not a religious hop experience, but I enjoyed it.

southern tier un*earthly

poster most fowl

post #75 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout
I daresay I don't need the Click here to enlarge ......... Click here to enlarge

and I can still type.

poster most fowl

post #76 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyjoe
So this beer is sold in a "Growler" which is a 64oz. jug.

1 US gallon = 128 US fluid ounces

I looked at the label and noticed the "half gallon" at the bottom. Click here to enlarge
Compared next to a gallon of milk it almost looks like the same size. I think I would need the wife to drink two without becoming VL9OOD LCONTRO.

poster most fowl

post #77 of 271 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

this shit is bananas

My liquor store is having a beer tasting this weekend and this was a pick from one of the employees.

I was expecting a much heavier beer, it is light and easy to drink, and yes bananas are present. If you are used to domestic swill and like bananas, this might be a beer for you.

poster most fowl

post #78 of 271 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Bell's Hopslam

Pros: flowery citrus nose, hop juice body, nice bitter finish

Cons: $13.49 6-pack, requires a trek into Wisconsin

This is a good IIPA, I enjoyed the two-heart previously. I'm drinking a Victory HopDevil as a comparison and it feels very underpowered.

Click here to enlarge better go crack another Bell's

poster most fowl

post #79 of 271 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge

This is a very good beer.

poster most fowl

post #80 of 271 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm so lame it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive
dark beers are so wonderful! Click here to enlarge
I personally can't drink dark brews too often. The taste just doesn't go down as well for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in