A beer worth trying - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Got Balls? A place for our Syberdads to post for support and chatter about their balls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

A beer worth trying

http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/beer...w=0&SortedBy=1

Click here to enlarge

not something I would drink regularly, but wow.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 04:43 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Have a bit of time on your hands, eh, TJ?

I will have to tell dh. He is into craft beers bigtime. We get a Beer Across America shipment every month in fact--it would be nice if this were one of the selections.
post #3 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

It was $9.99 for a 22oz bottle

Click here to enlarge

It was the online quote from someone who said they paid ten dollars for a bottle, "and it was worth it."

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #4 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

That looks amazing. I love a good hoppy beer. I must ask if youhave smapled a Hop Devil. http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/victory-hop-devil/618/

Dh and I are going to a beer tasting dinner for our anniversary in two weeks. We will be meeting with reps from Rogue and sampling Glen Ale, Dead guy Ale, Imperial Pilsner, and IPA. I have had 2 of the 4 before, but it is always fun to go tasting.

post #5 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop Devil
That looks amazing. I love a good hoppy beer. I must ask if youhave smapled a Hop Devil.
look here

That may be my favorite beer ever. I think it may have ruined my palate for Oktoberfest beers.

I have had the Ruination IPA but I found it to be bitter and very harsh.

poster most fowl

post #6 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Oh, TJ, you love me, you really love me. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

The Ruination is very much in your face. Click here to enlarge

post #7 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

nothing new on the beer front?

poster most fowl

post #8 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Olive
dark beers are so wonderful! Click here to enlarge

Petition the White House to Adopt the Chartreuse Awareness Ribbon for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse.

"While there are many colors for various causes, (for example, Child Abuse and Autism both share the same color ribbon) there is no nationally recognized ribbon in chartreuse. Child sexual abuse affects so many children and yet prevention organizations struggle to receive the funding they need to raise awareness and educate people on all the simple ways we can empower our children, families, and communities against abuse."
post #9 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm going to the Rogue dinner and meeting the brewers on Wednesday. I will report back! http://www.rogue.com/

post #10 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

can't resist

becks ocktoberfest

While it isn't a great beer it certainly is drinkable.

The amazing thing is it is $17.99 a case, and now it is $11.99 a case. :high5

Hop, we await the report from Rogue. Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #11 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

DH just spent $11.19 of his birthday money to buy a six-pack of this.

He will be cracking it open within the hour. We'll report back.

Someone I love very much has Friedreich's Ataxia a devastating, genetically-based neurological disorder that progressively takes away a person's motor skills, speech skills, bone and muscle strength and, ultimately, his or her life. Click the link to watch and learn more.
post #12 of 271 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 09:30 PM
gardengnome
Ambulance Chaser

I love this time of year when Oktoberfest is going full swing and all the full body beers are easy to get. Pumpkin beer isn't bad...

M
post #13 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

There is a guy at my local liquor store that was pretty excited about this IPA. They pick the hops fresh and use them within 24 hours. The reviews look promising. I won't be able to review it until I pick up dd from swimming. See you in 2 hrs. Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #14 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

What a let down, not at all impressed.

Makes me yearn for a hop devil, and lust for a dreadnaught.

poster most fowl

post #15 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Try Sorghum-based beer. DH was so happy to fund gluten-free beer--he was diagnosed with Celiac a few months ago. $12.99 for a 6-pack at Whole Foods. He was shocked by how normal it tastes.
post #16 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 is Pleonasm
Try Sorghum-based beer. DH was so happy to fund gluten-free beer--he was diagnosed with Celiac a few months ago. $12.99 for a 6-pack at Whole Foods. He was shocked by how normal it tastes.
I'm hesitant to spend good money on good beer. Click here to enlarge, I won't be spending $12.99 on sorghum-based brew in the near future.

What did he drink before? I saw a few sorghum reviews and they were low, but I think the comparison to regular barley beers is biased.

I quit paying for airline beer when it hit $5 a can.

poster most fowl

post #17 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Oh, forgot to post about the Dogfish Head. DH said it was okay. To quote him, "There are plenty of excellent microbrews made here in the Northwest, I don't need to spend that kind of money for something that is just average."

47, do you have a brand name on the sorghum-based beer? Though I wasn't too much of a beer drinker before going GF, it certainly does have its place and I'd like to be able to have one or two if the situation called for it.

Someone I love very much has Friedreich's Ataxia a devastating, genetically-based neurological disorder that progressively takes away a person's motor skills, speech skills, bone and muscle strength and, ultimately, his or her life. Click the link to watch and learn more.
post #18 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

http://randalls.stores.yahoo.net/rws31724.html

Erik likes dark beer--Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout was a fave.
post #19 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 08:11 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Yipes, that's spendy (although I did point out to dh that he spent as much on Dogfish Head.) We found another gf beer that was $50 for a case. Here is the link. You have to scroll down a little -- it is their Honey Beer.

DH likes to home brew and the last few issues of Brew Your Own magazine have had some GF recipes. He isn't sure about making an entire 5 gallon batch just that may or may not turn out well. Quite frankly, I'm not enough of a beer drinker to really want him to, either.

post #20 of 271 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Sam Smith has a great line of beers; the Oatmeal Stout is one of our favorites.

If you can get it, try Bell's Oberon. It rocks.

Dogfish is overrated. Hop Devil's IPA is great. I've had several Rogue beers and they were all pretty good, although one ale in particular (can't remember which) was bottled too soon and had a heavy, underdeveloped taste. It was a lot like a barleywine, and I don't like those.

Arcadia's IPA is one of my favorites. For a dark beer, I prefer either a micro-brewed dunkel, Aventinus, or Franziskaner. I also like the Czek darks.

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

"I was just arguing global warming again this past week with someone. She watched Gore's POS movie and believes every freckin' work of it. I told her that he can't even get the hurricane on the cover to spin the right way, and that's just the START of the problems with that movie. Needless to say the conversation with her went downhill from there." -- a meteorologist friend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in