HOMEBREW - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Got Balls? A place for our Syberdads to post for support and chatter about their balls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

HOMEBREW

Do you brew your own?

What do you brew?

How much?

How does it taste?

Horror stories?

Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Do you brew your own?
we have

What do you brew?
pretty much anything except lagers...some of our favorites have been IPA, alt, wheat beers

How much?
depends...people have given us kits that brew a gallon, if we do it from scrtach generally a 3-5 gallon batch

How does it taste?
Click here to enlarge
unpasturized beer is soooooooooo much better

Horror stories?
none yet Click here to enlarge we did make wine once that ended up vinegar. We still bottled it up and gave it away as xmas gifts Click here to enlarge

I own a bakery, and we are putting a commercial kitchen in our basement. I swear dh is working on it so dilligently because it will be so much easier to brew there Click here to enlarge
Cleaning everything and keeping it sterile are hands down the hardest part of brewing at home
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 05:31 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Do you brew your own?

Not in years, but we used to.

What do you brew?

Mostly dopplebocks and lagers.

How much?

5gal at a time

How does it taste?

We were very anal about everything, and never had a bad batch. It was wayyyyy better than bought beer.

Horror stories?

We brew(ed) all malt recipes. OMG the clean up was a nightmare.

I have a few good recipes if you want them.

Click here to enlarge

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

"I was just arguing global warming again this past week with someone. She watched Gore's POS movie and believes every freckin' work of it. I told her that he can't even get the hurricane on the cover to spin the right way, and that's just the START of the problems with that movie. Needless to say the conversation with her went downhill from there." -- a meteorologist friend
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Blind Date

bump and lurkAfter being with her all evening, the man couldn't take another minute with his blind date. Earlier, he had secretly arranged to have a friend call him to the phone so he would have an excuse to leave.When he returned to the table, he lowered his eyes, put on a grim expression and said, "I have some bad news. My grandfather just died.""Thank heavens," his date replied. "If yours hadn't, mine would have had to!"------------The WOW gold Online Store, Open 24/7 Looking to buy wow gold, Items or Accounts? You would find the cheapest gold here. We always online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, any questions regarding world of warcraft gold, powerleveling,wow leveling ,warcraft gold, just talk to our representatives using our 24/7 live chat service.world of warcraft gold,wow leveling,
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Well here it is 3 some odd years later and I ordered a kit!Click here to enlarge

We went to a going away party yesterday and the beer was supplied by a home brewing neighbor who had taps and a keg system pouring out of a horse trough.

I chatted him up a bit and learned of a local brewing group and a good store.

Stand by for adventures. Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 03:40 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to SexyKnickers
HOMEBREW

Dh brewed this weekend, he has a porter and a Belgian white on tap in our basement keg fridge. Good stuff Click here to enlarge. Plus, he feeds the spent grain to our chickens, they go nuts over the stuff.

Dr. FMT hosts the best candlelight suppers in any postal code
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyKnickers View Post
chickens, they go nuts over the stuff.
Click here to enlarge What did he brew this weekend?

poster most fowl

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

He did an American pale ale. He is trying to find something that appeals to everyone, his taste is towards more hoppy stuff in general. It smells good and is fermenting away in the basement now. Bubble, bubble, bubble!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

I did it. Click here to enlarge

I finally brewed yesterday, I think I have always been freaked out about contamination and stuff, but I cooked it and it is in the basement bubbling.

It's a Goose Island Honker's Ale clone with additional Cascade and Centennial hops added towards the end of the boil. So far so good.

poster most fowl

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

approx

The number of times I have gone down in to the basement to watch the airlock bubble. Click here to enlarge

poster most fowl

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

chicken

So, at two weeks bottle conditioned things sort of sucked. After reading and waiting past +3 weeks the beer is decent

The Beer Is DECENT

poster most fowl

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to pumpkinsmom
The Beer Is DECENT Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Cancer is a word not a sentence.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

I will say it is about 6 weeks bottle conditioned and I actually like it.

The problem is I have been hunting down and tasting some of the best beer in the world so my personal stash has much to look up to.

poster most fowl

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge. Keep calm and brew on, the more you do it, the more proficient and comfortable you will become.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyKnickers View Post
Click here to enlarge. Keep calm and brew on
I will say at 4 batches, the first wasn't all that great. The second was a clone of Surly Furious and actually was good. I have a Saison that will be ready on Friday and a clone of Zombie Dust due to be dry hopped and moved to a secondary fermenter on Saturday.

poster most fowl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in