New Site Look and Software Upgrade Feedback Thread! - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Sybermoms.com Tech Support / Site Help Need help? Post here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Hard-Core Sybermom

New Site Look and Software Upgrade Feedback Thread!

We're proud to announce that the new site look and feel has been completed for Sybermoms.com! Our designers and software engineers have been hard at work on this for several months. It's designed to modernize the site, make it easier to use, and to make it more attractive to new members and guests that visit.

The forum software we use, vBulletin, by default is not designed to be friendly to the eyes or to look modern. We went down to the nuts and bolts of the forum software and templates, and have done a ground up approach. There are several things you will notice now that the new design is live.

1) The site should be significantly faster.

We have applied every modern technique to speed up page load and tested with all modern browsers. We want the forum to be extremely fast and easy to use.

2) The site will work much better in mobile and tablet views

We've started applying responsive design, and have designed and tested against android and iPhone devices, Android tablets, and iPads. If you are sitting at your desk or on your couch, or just on your phone, the site will work much better than it did before, and load fast. We are still working on improving the experience even further in the months to come, but we wanted to launch this as quickly as we could.

3) The homepage is bright, crisp and clean.

We wanted the first page users saw to look beautiful, so that when a new guest arrives and is debating whether to join Sybermoms.com, they see a beautiful doorway, and they walk right in. It will include featured articles and discussions.

4) New users will be able to register with Facebook

5) The side bar can be hidden (premium users) in your user options.

Click on my profile / user cp at the top right.

- click on edit your details on the left.
- Look for Show Sidebar on Forum Pages under Additional Information.
- Click disable and save.

6) Drag and Drop image uploader

We hope you enjoy it, and if you have any questions on the design, please let us know, feedback is appreciated.

If there are any issues you see. Post them up here and we will get them worked out. (Once we are finished.)

Thanks,

- Your Sybermoms.com Team

VSAdmin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Hard-Core Sybermom

We have left the GIFs in place which were located next to some of the forums.

Click here to enlarge

I wasn't sure if we still needed them since each of the forums has an icon now, but I wanted to let y'all decided if you prefer that they remain in place.

VSAdmin
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

This is quite possibly the most annoying worst thing I've ever seen.

This place was started to be anti happy flower kitty land and you just completely changed it:

In good news for you it might bring you some new members but it's not winning you back any old members. However that boat sailed long ago anyway.
PunkassPie, cheeky, Olive and 2 others like this.

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 01:12 PM
First day of school
Hard-Core Sybermom

What happened to the old theme colours?
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oh, I don't know it kinda suits you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by califred View Post
This is quite possibly the most annoying worst thing I've ever seen.

This place was started to be anti happy flower kitty land and you just completely changed it:

In good news for you it might bring you some new members but it's not winning you back any old members. However that boat sailed long ago anyway.
Mindlessly scribbling circles over and over and over again. Wait until you start whacking them when they aren't even moving...
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to cheeky
this isn't Sybermomss.....
Olive, califred and silly_me_2 like this.

post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 08:02 PM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
I really dislike the design as well.

BUT, I really really am not happy that my av is tiny dude.
Olive, califred and Shmi like this.

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Hard-Core Sybermom

I will have the design team create a legacy skin. It will only show up to anyone in the user group i will create for legacy users.

So what colors did you want? i can have the banner look how you like. Let us know and we will get it built.

Helena
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 07:41 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

You really are very generous

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSAdmin View Post
I will have the design team create a legacy skin. It will only show up to anyone in the user group i will create for legacy users.

So what colors did you want? i can have the banner look how you like. Let us know and we will get it built.

Helena
A long, looooooong time ago, this site used to be very active. Ladies came here for their socialization and back in the day when message boards were popular, this was thought to be where people bought their "A" game to debates. That's what they said.

Over the years, after everything was debated, it became more of a whipping ground for a select few. As long as they had a poster to pick on, it stayed active. Little by little, the posters either left or sadly... died off. RIP Tuna.

With all the debates debated to death and the kids mostly grown, it turned into a board that talked about old people stuff. The vibrant young souls that used to bring their attitudes are now either vaping, watching hours and hours of netflix, or living in the basement while their teens take over the house with the illicit use of drugs and/or some type of gaming. It's easier to just stay plastered to Facebook posting pictures of their dinners.

It's a sad story, really.

Time marches on. Build your board to your liking because these hags won't like a thing you do anyway and it looked like they only came back for the free cheese (or in your case, free life membership) and then they were back to well... see above, I guess.

Cheers to the newest batch of Sybermoms. May your days be filled with peace, love and laughter. But dear God, I hope you don't use a message board as a substitute for real life.

We did. But darn was it fun.
TXchick likes this.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 10:16 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to pumpkinsmom
The color scheme is just so ... beige. Click here to enlarge
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Hard-Core Sybermom

OK I am having a new skin made up. You all can choose to like it or not. It will have the images from the facebook page as the header and the old typed logo. The colors are the blue from the old site and lime green. I asked to add a dash of hot pink. I will have it as the logo for all you old timers on here and the current skin will be up to attract the new influx of members that we hope to one day have.

I hope that appeases the majority of you Click here to enlarge

Helena
(Crickets boss)
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 02:00 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

It's like when your favorite punk band sells out and you hear the song on tv over a car commercial. It will never be the same. Even if I try to go to a throwback concert. They are still old and outdated. You need to try for something new and fresh and edgy to get old and young back. This new look, looks like you are staging a house to appeal to everyone, but it appeals to no one. Sybermoms had a mark niche, and it worked. I don't know what this is trying to do.
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 08:29 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

You even got the name wrong in the header.
The name of the place is Sybermoms
one word,
not Syber Moms
geeze.
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 09:54 PM
My biggest fear is that there is no PMS and that this is my personality.
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Twinklestars
I am on the tapatalk app. Nothing has changed for me. And, idgaf. I check in daily to see if anything is happening.

I am not one of those who believe - broadly speaking - that women are better than men. We have not wrecked railroads, nor corrupted legislatures, nor done many unholy things that men have done; but then we must remember that we have not had the chance.- Jane Addams
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 02:38 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I hope someone at least saved the brilliant art that used to be the banner with the tuna cones and gold bars and pure white wolves. What the fuck is this shit?

I haven't hocked Scentsy in forever.
So I decided it was time to change my signature.
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 06:54 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Olive
i miss the pink/brown thing we had going on years ago.
MelodyMaker likes this.

Petition the White House to Adopt the Chartreuse Awareness Ribbon for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse.

"While there are many colors for various causes, (for example, Child Abuse and Autism both share the same color ribbon) there is no nationally recognized ribbon in chartreuse. Child sexual abuse affects so many children and yet prevention organizations struggle to receive the funding they need to raise awareness and educate people on all the simple ways we can empower our children, families, and communities against abuse."
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Hard-Core Sybermom

Hey there,

We have contacted our creative team to look into changing the banner design and color scheme.
We will be in contact once we have an update!

Thank you,

Richard.
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 09:33 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSAdmin View Post
Hey there,

We have contacted our creative team to look into changing the banner design and color scheme.
We will be in contact once we have an update!

Thank you,

Richard.
Might should have checked with members FIRST.
But alas, this is what happens when your message board of 10+ years is bought by a company to try to make some money.

How many people are on "Your Sybermoms.com Team "
that all seem to be using the same admin account?
That is considered poor form on most forums to have multiple people using the same account
califred likes this.
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

You all don't sound nearly as mean when you're surrounded by pink kittens and puppies.

I mean, if TJ posts, I will kinda picture him like Caitlin Jenner in all this happiness.
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oh! At least you call can report on each other now:

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in