Sybermoms Parenting Forum - View Single Post - This sucks!
Thread: This sucks!
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
k-townmama
Unsupportive Freeloader

I talked to my ds last night and he doesn't want to put anything about his absent father. So we're going to get creative and make our own sheet. Not use the one they sent home. He's excited about adding his favorite aunt and uncle, and his "Jimmy Canoe" (step grandpa's nickname Click here to enlarge)

I spoke to one of his teachers this morning, and she said to do whatever works for us. She actually asked another parent to come over to talk to us, because this other parent is a grandmother raising her 3 grandkids. So she had some ideas on who to add to the tree etc.

Quote:
We haven't had to deal with this yet but it got me thinking...every kid in dd's class except one is a single parent kid.

Kinda sad, isn't it?
Shellofmyformerself, wow that's a long name Click here to enlarge. And a lot of single parent families. Before my ds started school, I kinda made myself feel better by assuming that in this day and age there would be more single parent families at school. That my ds wouldn't be the only one, and he's definitely not the only one in the school, but he is the only one in his class from a single parent home. Which really surprises me.

We'll see how things go tomorrow when he brings it to school to work on the good copy. Fingers crossed it goes ok for him.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome