Exercising - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Baby Got Back Trying to lose weight? Need some motivation and support? Come join us as we discuss the up's and down's of shedding those extra pounds.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Exercising

I exercised yesterday by dancing to fast music for about 40 minutes with some of my kids. I am sore today of course, every muscle is hurting. It sure does feel good to feel the burn though..lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Excellent! And this is a good idea to have a thread that lists what we did each day. I took a small walk again yesterday. If the knee holds up, I plan to take at least an hour walk today.

I can't wait until I can start doing more intense things, because adding exercise always melts the pounds for me.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I had reconstructive right knee surgery in 2001. My knee still acts up some and my left knee grinds alot but luckily no pain in it.

I thought this thread would be great for motivation for us. Good luck everyone!!

Plus it will help us get our post count up...lol!
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I did the elliptical for 16 minutes today. I have thrown my back out 2 times in the last 2 months and so I am taking it slow and working my way back up. It did feel good!

Tapatalk is where the typos are at.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCar View Post
I did the elliptical for 16 minutes today. I have thrown my back out 2 times in the last 2 months and so I am taking it slow and working my way back up. It did feel good!
I want an elliptical so bad!!! I planning on getting one sometime next month and I can't wait...lol!
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I call it The Elliptical of Death Click here to enlarge

I love the way it works me out and makes me sweat, but I swear it's going to kill me Click here to enlarge

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Is the elliptical easy on the knees? Do you do any exercises to help your back?

I have a bad back, some days I can't even hardly lift my two youngest kids.

My husband gets to lift the heavy stuff now...lol!
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Does an elliptical take up a lot of room, compared to a treadmill? I'm going to the gym tomorrow to walk on the treadmill (too darn cold out!) and I might check out the ellipticals. I know I tried one once and I was uncoordinated and couldn't quite get it. LOL. But my friend has one that she never uses so if I like it and will use it she'll let me bring it to my house.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I don't think ellipticals take up much room. There are different kinds of them.

I just finished working out for 30 minutes. I did 160 leg lifts on each leg, 40 sit-ups, danced like a mad woman Click here to enlarge and bounced on my exercise ball. Worked my arms out while I was dancing..lol!

My legs feel like they are going to fall off now!!
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I loved the elliptical at my old gym. My Mom bought herself one and now just hangs clothes off of it, so when we move into the new house and have the space I think I'll take it off her hands. I know it won't be of gym calibre, but better than nothing.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Did my 30 minutes of exercising tonight.

My legs are really starting to feel the burn with all the legs exercises I have been doing!

This time I did 200 leg lifts on each leg, 40 sit-ups, 40 push-ups (I leaned against the wall), and danced again.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Busy, sounds like you're doing great! I just go back from a nice long walk in the snow.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosierosie View Post
Busy, sounds like you're doing great! I just go back from a nice long walk in the snow.
Thanks!!

Wasn't it really cold walking?
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Not too cold. It's about 30 degrees here, and I just bundled up with layers. I would have liked to go longer, but DH came with me because it was dark out and he needed to get home to work on something.

I'll go again tomorrow, during the day. Hopefully for a full hour.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I skippeed exercing tonight. I had a busy day, moved my frontroom around, cleaned house, vaccumed, went to the grocery store and took Aaron to the hospital for his therapy sessions, which last 2 hours!

I am also so sore from the past few days working out and my husband suggested that I take today off to give my body time to heal up some...lol!

I'll start back in tomorrow!
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 04:22 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

The elliptical takes up less room than a treadmill but not much.

It is easier on the knees. That is why I chose it in the first place, I have old creaky knees Click here to enlarge It does work out back muscles. My back isn't the greatest (I think it is actually my hips that are the problem) and when that it acting up I don't do it as heavy. I do a lot of stretching before and after.

I don't mind walking (except that it takes much longer to get in a workout than 40 I get on the elliptical) but I am always afraid that my knees or back will act up while I am out and I will be limping home in pain Click here to enlarge I live on a dirt road so to walk in the winter means I have to drive somewhere to do it. It's easier to do the elliptical of death at home.

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 05:50 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I must have done something to my back because I can barely bend over. I think I've been babying my belly too much because of the surgery, so it stressed the back too much and now its out of whack. Oh well, I still will take a long walk today to hopefully get the kinks out, but I might be like MadCar and limping my way home!
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I went on a 25 minute walk yesterday during lunch. I was very cold at first but once I started to warm up it was fine. In fact I was sweating a little under my toque when I got back to work. I work 4 days/week so I'm determined to walk at least 20 minutes each day. If I get organized I could probably sneakily eat my lunch before my lunch and then walk for the whole hour (my one co-worker does that).
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Betholio, ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Every little bit helps, right?

I just had an hour walk and it wasn't too chilly. I'm glad to have it out of the way already, and I might go back out after dinner. I'll be so happy when I can do a little bit more intense stuff (but I'm sure this enthusiasm will change once I actually have to do it!)

I'm going to meet DH for lunch. I need to eat healthy, so I don't negate the walk!
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Another hour-long walk today. I was moving at a pretty good pace, too, but now a blizzard has started so I'm not sure I'll be able to walk tomorrow. Glad I got one in today!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in