Going to buy a house in the suburb. Need help. - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Forum Lobby Off topic discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Going to buy a house in the suburb. Need help.

Hi,

We are living in a small rented apartment. My son is 5 years old now. We are thinking about buying a new house in the suburbs.

Originally we had that idea when our son was born. but had to drop because we were not financially solid. Now we are in a position to handle the budget. Our son is growing up fast and I think growing up in a neighborhood will benefit him.

As said, we are thinking about getting a mortgage loan for buying the house. I was going through the instructions for obtaining a loan and found this page about down payment and appraisals. https://www.butlermortgage.ca/mortga...e-home-buyers/ What are the major differences when it comes to the economic benefits in the long term? I heard somewhere that opting for a long duration and lower down payments can help in cutting down on taxes.

So, please help us on this matter. Has anyone bought a house on loan? How did it go?

Tanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 06:08 PM
Blue Tongue Lizard

Buying a house is big financial decision. Some people delay this decision as they would like to buy from own funds. i hope these articles would help you in your decision:
http://www.investopedia.com/articles...s-mortgage.asp

http://www.nitinbhatia.in/home-loan/...ith-home-loan/
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 03:14 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I just saw your post. It's been a while. Did you already buy or did you end up staying in the apartment to keep looking for a home to buy?

If you are still looking I'd be happy to share some advice.

Best,
Cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetgreen View Post
Hi,

We are living in a small rented apartment. My son is 5 years old now. We are thinking about buying a new house in the suburbs.

Originally we had that idea when our son was born. but had to drop because we were not financially solid. Now we are in a position to handle the budget. Our son is growing up fast and I think growing up in a neighborhood will benefit him.

As said, we are thinking about getting a mortgage loan for buying the house. I was going through the instructions for obtaining a loan and found this page about down payment and appraisals. https://www.butlermortgage.ca/mortga...e-home-buyers/ What are the major differences when it comes to the economic benefits in the long term? I heard somewhere that opting for a long duration and lower down payments can help in cutting down on taxes.

So, please help us on this matter. Has anyone bought a house on loan? How did it go?

Tanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-09-2021, 12:59 AM
Blue Tongue Lizard

They all contain such insusceptibility boosting phytonutrients as nutrient C and carotenoids. Bosom feed your child upgrades antibodies and white platelets.I'm prepared to successfully make my child sound. vinyl fence
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-13-2021, 08:38 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

We are in the process of buying a new home in Brentwood. Putting at least 10% down is a good option. There are things you can do to help lower your interest rate which helps in the long run. Just keep in mind that when you own your own home, you're always going to have expenses (some planned, but most unexpected) so be sure to factor things into your budget like roof maintenance, appliance repair, pressure washing, and HVAC maintenance.
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-25-2021, 06:44 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Buying a home is so exciting and scary at the same time. The advantage of taking a loan for a longer duration with lower payments, is if you hit a hard time, you will be in better shape to make the payment. When you are in good times financially, you have money to invest into your home, such as sanding and refinishing hardwood floors or making additional payments.
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-18-2021, 05:06 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I’m inspired! <a href="http://www.atticinsulationcolumbia.com/">View here</a>
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-18-2021, 05:08 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Just in time! This resources is what I am needing right now. Thank you for sharing. - View here
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-19-2021, 04:19 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I believe that the names have been switched for Cody Scarpella and Phil Magistro photos. The text looks correct, just the names need to be swapped. | www.atticinsulationsilverspring.com
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-21-2021, 03:52 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Just in time! This resource is what I am needing right now. Thank you for sharing. - Click here
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-21-2021, 04:12 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Just in time! This resource is what I am needing right now. Thank you for sharing. - Click here
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-23-2021, 05:20 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I used to be looking for this particular information for a long time. Thanks and best of luck. View here
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-27-2021, 01:18 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

If I were you, I would find a real state agent to help you buy a house and discuss other details that you need to consider. Click here
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-28-2021, 04:30 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I’m inspired! Extremely helpful info. Visit us
post #16 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-23-2021, 01:15 PM
Idiots W/O Activation Codes

James

Nice blog!<a href="https://www.interiorpaintingphiladelphiapa.com/bathroom-painting-philadelphia-pennsylvania-usa">commercial interior painting</a>
post #17 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-23-2021, 01:17 PM
Idiots W/O Activation Codes

I love this blog! commercial interior painting
post #18 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-10-2022, 07:12 PM
I'm so lame it hurts

We’ve created a broad and adaptable range of services to completely cover the needs of our community. Home Remodel Fremont
post #19 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-10-2022, 07:21 PM
I'm so lame it hurts

For several years, we have continued to deliver high-quality services and also improve the level at which we deliver these services. Home Remodel San jose
post #20 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-10-2022, 07:37 PM
I'm so lame it hurts

Most people don’t give much thought to their plumbing. plumber san mateo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in