My bff is pregnant. - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Grief support Support forum for those dealing with grief due to the loss of a loved one or those dealing with pregnancy loss.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

My bff is pregnant.

Click here to enlarge

I love her and I'm happy she's happy. I hate myself for being so selfish.

This pregnancy is unplanned, unexpected and a shock to everyone. But she is happy, he is happy. I need to be happy.

I'm quite literally sobbing over here because my friend, who was using birth control, is pregnant and I am not.

I'm a shitty friend. If I end up planning a baby shower before I get pregnant I will probably lose my shit.

Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge I have felt that same thing, and it sucks. I'm sorry. You're not selfish and you're not a bad friend.

Mickey Mackey Boo Ba Boo
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

And I posted this in the wrong place. Figures.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

You are not a bad friend or selfish for feeling the way you do. That kid of situation is a very difficult one to handle emotionally. You want to be happy for your friend, but you can't help but feel disappointed that it wasn't you. People can't help how they feel.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I think what you're feeling is normal. I am sorry you are feeling this way. Hopefully you'll be pregnant soon!!!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 03:19 PM
My biggest fear is that there is no PMS and that this is my personality.
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Twinklestars
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjen View Post
Click here to enlarge

I'm a shitty friend. If I end up planning a baby shower before I get pregnant I will probably lose my shit.

Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge See, it all is working out just fine. How far apart are the two of you due?

I am not one of those who believe - broadly speaking - that women are better than men. We have not wrecked railroads, nor corrupted legislatures, nor done many unholy things that men have done; but then we must remember that we have not had the chance.- Jane Addams
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklestars View Post
Click here to enlarge See, it all is working out just fine. How far apart are the two of you due?
Her due date is 4/11 I think. Mine is 5/26. Doc and I like 5/18 though (scheduled c/s).
I found out I was pregnant 4 days later. Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Sorry, I didn't realize that. I'm a newbie. Congratulations!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjen View Post
I found out I was pregnant 4 days later. Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmom View Post
I think what you're feeling is normal. I am sorry you are feeling this way. Hopefully you'll be pregnant soon!!!
I also think so.
Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 11:11 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hi dear. I am happy that you are asking the question on a public platform and seeking advice. Congratulate your friend on my behalf. Being a mom I know what feeling motherhood brings. I was on the pill for 3 years and NEVER missed a day nor was I late 10:00 every day. I was 2 weeks late and my first test said I wasn’t pregnant. It was a cheap test I paid a dollar for it. I waited for a another week took another it was positive. I took 3 more just to make sure. Before I knew I was pregnant I had surgery on my belly and still on the pill. I’m 25 weeks now and my baby boy is just fine. Ask your friend to consult a good gynecologist and the baby will be fine. I did consult a good gynecologist from Ukraine and the tips helped me a lot. I hope your friend will give birth to a healthy baby soon.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 09:20 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

You are not a shitty friend. Trust me, it is okay to feel this way. this does not mean you hate her. This is a phase and it will pass. And I'm sure this will happen for you too, very soon. Don't lose hope or your shit. Your friend needs you the most right now. Your support would be everything for her. You are just feeling this way because this just happened. Give it time. Relax.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 01:49 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hey. Calm down, sweety! Everything will be okay. I know it's very frustrating. It's very difficult. It's very tough. I understand all these problems. You know what? I've been in an exact situation like yours. My friend got pregnant right after 3 months of her marriage. And was married 2 years before her. I was TTC for so long but I did not get pregnant. I felt awful. But then my mother helped me get through this. She made me realize that I should be happy for her. Maybe this good deed of mine will give me a good reward. I prepared for her baby shower. I made all the arrangements. It took me many days to complete everything that I had planned. My friend was so impressed. She loved everything so much. Right after 2 weeks, my doctor told me that I was pregnant. Do you see how I was rewarded? The news was shocking and amazing. So I would advise you to be happy for her. Treat her well. Everything will be fine at your end soon. Good luck!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 09:07 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hello Jenny! I hope you are doing fine. I know how you must be feeling. Don't blame yourself. Why don't you look for alternatives like IVF and surrogacy if you are unable to conceive? Heres my story. It might give you hope. I got married in 2009. I have had two miscarriages since then. I had lost all hope to become a mother. I was going insane for a baby. Then my husband and I started exploring other options. We were told about a Ukraine based clinic by a former colleague. They later told us about surrogacy. We were reluctant in the beginning. Nevertheless, we took our chances. Now im blessed with a baby boy. I pray everyone gets blessed with children. Best of luck. Love!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 03:02 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hey. Calm down, sweety! Everything will be okay. I know it's very frustrating. It's very difficult. It's very tough. I understand all these problems. You know what? I've been in an exact situation like yours. My friend got pregnant right after 3 months of her marriage. And was married 2 years before her. I was TTC for so long but I did not get pregnant. I felt awful. But then my mother helped me get through this. She made me realize that I should be happy for her. Maybe this good deed of mine will give me a good reward. I prepared for her baby shower. I made all the arrangements. It took me many days to complete everything that I had planned. My friend was so impressed. She loved everything so much. Right after 2 weeks, my doctor told me that I was pregnant. Do you see how I was rewarded? The news was shocking and amazing.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily View Post
Hey. Calm down, sweety! Everything will be okay. I know it's very frustrating. It's very difficult. It's very tough. I understand all these problems. You know what? I've been in an exact situation like yours. My friend got pregnant right after 3 months of her marriage. And was married 2 years before her. I was TTC for so long but I did not get pregnant. I felt awful. But then my mother helped me get through this. She made me realize that I should be happy for her. Maybe this good deed of mine will give me a good reward. I prepared for her baby shower. I made all the arrangements. It took me many days to complete everything that I had planned. My friend was so impressed. She loved everything so much. Right after 2 weeks, my doctor told me that I was pregnant. Do you see how I was rewarded? The news was shocking and amazing.
Hi. I'm glad you talked about this. It must have been so hard for you to deal with all that when your own friend got pregnant. Its okay to feel this way. Now you know it was all worth it when you conceived you're a baby. Thanks for trying to help people in the same situations now. You seem like a great person.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I just realized this is an old thread, but I'm glad I really stumbled upon it. It's really nice to see everyone be so supportive of each other. Click here to enlarge
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 10:16 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hey, your feelings are valid. Sometimes, we really can't help but worry about or pity ourselves when our friends achieve a milestone. You'll get there in time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in