Memorial tattoo - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Grief support Support forum for those dealing with grief due to the loss of a loved one or those dealing with pregnancy loss.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Memorial tattoo

I have been thinking about getting a memorial tattoo for the baby I lost for some time. I want her name and maybe some angel wings but don't know what else yet. I was thinking about getting the tattoo on my back by my shoulder.

I would also like to get a memorial tattoo with my mom's name also. She died unexpectantly about 11 months after my baby.

I miss them both so much!!! Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm so sorry for your losses. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm so sorry for your loss Click here to enlarge

I don't generally love tattoos but I think that memorial tattoos sometimes get a free pass in my mind Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 05:08 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hello dear,
I can't explain how sorry I am for your loss. You are a very strong person. I don't generally like tattoos but a memorial tattoo is something beyond special.It is a great way to pay tribute to them. Any one who will see the tattoo will surely ask who they were and upon knowing, they will surely keep them both in their memories and prayers. What you can do is get the name of your daughter tattooed on your upper arm like an arm band with angel wings on both the ends. For your mothers, you can get her name tattooed or else some quote on the back of your neck with a peacock feather under it. There are a great number of memorial tattoos ideas out there. You can either take to google and find something best suited for you, or you can straightly consult your tattoo artist and take his help to decide what is it that you want, they can suggest you the best design possible.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 05:00 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

So sorry for your losses.
A memorial tattoo seems like a good idea.
I would have done a little angel or a heart with wings maybe.
For my mom, maybe her name or anything else that would remind me of her.
Please, keep us posted x
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Dear Friend! I can totally understand what you are going through! Loss of a loved one makes everything seem worse but the dear, you really have to hold yourself up. If not for yourself then at least for the sake of your baby and mother. They are surely around you maybe not in a bodily form but in a spiritual way. They are your guardian angels in spirit and are very sad to see you sad. So need to be very strong. As far as tattoos are concerned, you can get them but then you think you will not get sad looking at them. Tattoos are a lifetime commitment and later on if you look at the tattoo and get more depressed, the entire motive fails.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2021, 03:12 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

This is great grief, and even after so many years, such a wound will not heal. Probably never will heal. I also lost my little princess 2 years ago. So I know how hard it is to keep it in the heart. I haven't tattooed, but my husband did. It was the funny letter "A" that she wrote (her name is Angelina). The same letter we engraved on her slant headstone. So it became the symbol of her and the happy years that she gave us. I hope she is having a great time in heaven, playing all the games that she couldn't play with us. I hope your kid too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in