Do you parent your children differently than you were raised? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Featured Articles and Topics Featured parenting topics in the community.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Hard-Core Sybermom

Do you parent your children differently than you were raised?

Click here to enlarge

In what ways do you parent your children differently than you were raised?

VSAdmin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 11:16 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My kids are all grown up now, but I am sure when I tell you that me and my husband did a lot of things differently than our parents. We tell our kids at least once a day that we love them and we are proud of them. We hug them a lot and support them and listen to them no matter what it was and we always talk about things. My son right up through high school would wake me up and tell me about his dates. I felt honored that he would do that. They both are growing up to be really fine people and we are still really close.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 05:24 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

hello everyone,
It is indeed a known fact that this is perhaps a very sensitive subject for the topic of discussion! I think that perhaps no one in the world knows exactly how to raise a child. but we all know one thing for sure, no matter how ever one raises their child they only wanna make them happy and only live for them after they are born. But again, in this world of a rebel, the children never really understand the true feeling of a parent, a parent always gives their all to raises their child the best and get a little strict in some cases which are all out of their insecurities. And due to this rebel of insecurity and seeking for freedom, children always take their homage into saying that they will raise their kids in a way their parents never thought of doing so. In a way, it is good only if your paren6ts were really a pain in your ass, but if they weren't I think saying that statement could be a very worthless thing to say. Because we only realize it too late that what our parents did for us, was indeed the best. It is hurtful for them to listen that you are going to parent your child unlike them, because somewhere deep inside they know it, too that what they did for you was the best of what they could give to you, and that you will realize it later than what they had expected you to be grateful within. Let us face it, the truth is, no child can ever be happy with his parenting because we often look at others and compare ourselves with the other one which leaves us in a hurtful situation of betrayal, that perhaps we did with our parents, too. The child will always beef suffocated, while you will be there thinking what you did was the most accessible within your approach. The thing abuts a parent-child relationship is that there is no limited definition for the word 'freedom' in it. They demand freedom, but in most profound ways which you can never understand were even legit until before that moment. So, I guess I am not completely satisfied with the saying that, 'I will raise my child unlike i was, by my parents'.
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 02:22 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I’m sure that the way we brought by, can’t be used any more for our children now. I didn’t like these old ways which free of any dialogues. I decided to be different in my parenting. There are little things that will make things different. Our children are shy and quiet, so I avoid comparisons which lead to Labels. I try to be more careful for myself because I know that my children watch me all the time. My behavior proves to be far more powerful than words.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 02:45 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hello, dear parents. I love my kids. I want them to be the best. I let them make mistakes because children learn best on the edge of failure. Sometimes I do nothing to let them do everything and anything.I get them bored. Then I deal the matters. Their response will be great. The most important thing that I missed is the quiet discussion. I object shouting. It can’t solve anything. I want to enjoy my children when they called me Mom.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 07:17 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica_jones1 View Post
My kids are all grown up now, but I am sure when I tell you that me and my husband did a lot of things differently than our parents. We tell our kids at least once a day that we love them and we are proud of them. We hug them a lot and support them and listen to them no matter what it was and we always talk about things. My son right up through high school would wake me up and tell me about his dates. I felt honored that he would do that. They both are growing up to be really fine people and we are still really close.
This is lovely! It is such an inspiration. I would like to be like this with my children.
My parents weren't like this at all. I could never talk to them about my dates!
I think I will be different with my children. It is hard to predict, though.
Time and society change. It is never the same from one generation to another... Hopefully the change will be for better
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 12:37 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hello dear, it is a very interesting question and it comes in mind of most of the couples when they face the time of parenting. Parenting is never an easy time and every couple takes it in a different way. Time is changing very quickly and it is not possible to Parent your children in the same way as you were raised by your parents. I would like to share my personal experience about it. I was raised in a small village and mentality of my parents was very different at that time. We didn’t get such technology and such freedom to take our decisions in our childhood. The mentality of parents always changes with time and now we have a different mentality than our parents. We are living in the city now and we are going through a different era of Technology. When it comes to growing my children, I will do it in my way. I would like to give them more freedom to take their decisions in a career.
Time is changing day by day and it is very important for parents to change mentality with time. If you want to maintain your relationship and your mentality with your kids, you have to change with time because they are changing their mentality with time. Today, they want more freedom and more facilities as compared to our childhood. I wish I could give them the same environment that I got in my village but it is not possible in present time. They will need a different environment and different thinking ability with time. So there will be a difference always and we can’t do anything about it. It is very important to give them a good education and positive attitude towards life to stay happy.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 06:33 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Somehow, yes. My parents used to be angry when I tell them things before. As I grew up, they became more understanding and I became more vocal but I wished this should have happened before. Click here to enlarge

replacement social security card same day
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 06:37 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

PS: I never hated the way I grew up. I understood everything as I became matured. I don't feel unloved. It is just the way it is considering we are 6 siblings.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 06:37 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

PS: I never hated the way I grew up. I understood everything as I became matured. I don't feel unloved. It is just the way it is considering we are 6 siblings.

professional beard trimmer
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-14-2020, 09:06 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I will raise my baby like how my parent raised me. They raised me as a good child and having manners and I thank them for it. Now, it is my turn to raise and love my child. concrete contractors tuscaloosa al
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 08:00 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

This question can lead to personal opinions in each parent. But for me, it depends on how you were raised, if you are raised in such a way that you never needed a best family lawyers melbourne in your life, or you never needed counselling, then there's no reason you will not raise your children the way you are raised. Sometimes being too idealistic can lead you as a parent into a verge of confusion.
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-25-2021, 03:14 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Teach them good manners that the first thing to do. total tree care
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-26-2021, 09:14 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Raise your child with right manner first and other things will follow. Locksmiths in Gloucester
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-29-2021, 02:57 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Good values should start at home. It will reflect good parenting.
electrical contractors grand rapids michigan
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-31-2021, 07:37 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I definitely parent my children differently than how I was brought up. I wasn't raised in a very loving home, it was tough to find confidence growing up so I made my focus with my kids to give them my attention in the things they enjoyed, how they were developing and growing. My spouse and I have very unique tactics in how we approach giving our children the affection they need to develop and grow into the best selves and also be a contributor to those around them. I didn't have that growing up. www.windowcleaningregina.com https://WINNIPEGbasementrenovations.com winnipeg deck building companies https://www.littlediamondbaby.com/
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-02-2021, 02:50 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica_jones1 View Post
I really like your approach! Hope mine will see me as his best friend one day
Leliel likes this.
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-20-2021, 12:08 PM
I'm so lame it hurts

post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-23-2021, 12:54 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I don't know, I'm always trying to explain what's good and what's wrong. I have no problems with my son, so I'm thinking that I'm doing right
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I’ll do everything differently, I had a difficult time growing up with my dad but I’ve done nothing show my kids that love I never had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in