Those of you who were married... - Page 2 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Single Moms Single Moms Support- We're doing by ourselves but we're not alone. Come here to chat about the pros and cons of being an unattached parent. Support only please.

View Poll Results: How long were you married before you got divorced?
Less than 1 year 8 9.09%
1-3 years 15 17.05%
4-6 23 26.14%
7-9 19 21.59%
10-12 14 15.91%
13-15 7 7.95%
15+ 2 2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

What's the difference between divorce and dissolution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

We are at the beginning stage. one year.

Insurance Personal Account
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

For 14 years. When I left he hadn't worked, except for a couple odd jobs in three years. We - me and 5 children were homeless - living in a tent with no running water or electricity. We didn't even have a car. I had to buy a used car for $800 bucks to leave him. I told him I was driving buy the court house on my way out to file for divorce. He told the kids a vacation would do us good. He was served two days later and promptly found a girl he knew from college, who lived 650 miles away in another state and had been divorced and married a few times. They were engaged less than a month later but he still wouldn’t sign the divorce paper because, “I am not paying you any child support. You get a job and support those kids.”

He has dogged me for 11 years with two custody suits that lasted over 4 years. The first one we lived in the same town. He wanted joint custody, a week on a week off. That ended after I was able to convince my attorney that he had moved 120 miles away. The second custody suit was filed on the heels of the other 7 months later. Dragged on for years. Had an expensive psychologist do a myriad of tests, interviews of all the children, parents, family and character witnesses. The psychologist found that the children should stay with me, but that didn’t stop the legal process. The ex again moved this time out of state and denied that fact a few more months to run up the legal bills. It came to over $10,000 for me.

He has never paid a dime of child support or out-of-pocket medical expenses without either having to garnish it or get a court order.

He loves to file lawsuits at Christmas time. He filed a contempt suit that had no basis last December. Cost me $1200 to defend. It has always been a war of attrition - me financially and the children emotionally.

They refer to me in front of my children as psychotic bitch and then turn around and scream parental alienation when the children refuse to deal with his holier than thou, snide remarking, food controlling, freakoid wife. If they are caught eating at the table with their mouths open, they are made to leave the table and finish their meal in the bathroom.

And this is just skimming the surface.
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

We had been married 20 years when the divorce was final and 19 when I filed. Unfortunately, he decided he liked crack better than his family.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Nora-eat and Dixie Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge I'm so sorry.
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

TattooedMami,
Thanks.

Where did you get the picture of the BIG freakin rooster? Is it real?
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

A divorce is the termination of a marriage by legal action, requiring a petition or complaint for divorce (or dissolution in some states) by one party.
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm pretty sure it's just a good photoshop job. Click here to enlarge But I like it.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

But, alas the beautiful big freakin rooster is gone!!!! TattooedMami, what is in its place.
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge I think that was one of the sketches an artist friend of mine did. Click here to enlarge Pretty freaky, huh? Click here to enlarge Now it's my shoulder. Click here to enlarge
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Beautiful tattoo!!
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

MARRIED TOO YOUNG

I got married at EIGHTEEN. What the hell was I thinking? I work at a university and I see how young kids are there and I can't believe I went through all that with a ring on my finger! Plus, he the only thing he ever really accomplished of note was blacking out twice in one day. I am so glad I am over that drunk!
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

We were just shy of our 3rd year of marriage.
I left because I was sick of the neglect and the screaming at our child. He was, and is, addicted to World of Warcraft.
I am still waiting for the divorce to finalize.
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

i was married right at 6 years......WAYY too long shoulda left a lot sonner, BUT had i done that i wouldnt have my littlest man Click here to enlarge So it was worth it!
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

....OH and i left because he was married to his computer 24 hours a day and when we moved to Europe he deicded that i needed to be Martha Stewart and do all the cooking and cleaning, WHILE pregnant while he did his own thing.....yeah....NO.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I was married for 8 months and just recently filed for joint dissolution summary because we have no assests together and we been married for a short time.

Im in the Navy Reserves. I was recalled last August. We got married in Vegas 6 weeks before I left for my tour of duty in Kuwait. He was a great guy. Very supportive while I was serving. I ended up breaking my leg in Kuwait. I had to be medevac'd to Germany for emergency surgery. It was a very tramatic expirience, because I didnt even get to say good bye to my Company. I had a great Chain of Command. I had the best Battle Buddy who I spent every second with. I just had an amazing expirience over there. I was then medevac'd home from Germany and have been demobilized, which means I wont be going back to Kuwait to finish my deployment. Im on medical hold till Im considered fit for duty, then I can go back to reserve status. Im still on active duty while I go through physical therapy. I am also suffering from post tramatic stress disorder and Im seeing a therapist for this. Since I been home Ive been miserable. I dont want to be married anymore. I dont even feel comfortable around our friends. My husband isnt taking this very well and didnt give me the space I needed and has even accused me of having an affair with my BattleBuddy. As a result I filed for divorce. He is refusing to sign the joint summery. We'll see how this goes. I just wanted to share my story with you all.

When I married this man I was grieving the loss of my brother who passed six months earlier at 34 years old of cancer. My husband took care of me while I went through losing my sibling. I think part of me felt obligated to marry him because he was so good to me at this time of need.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 04:26 AM

We were married for 8 years, but we were separated for 3 of those.
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

We were married for 8 years. During our Marriage we lost our first child and it took a toll on us that caused us to divorce, even after our second child was born.

The divorce doesn't bother me its the part where she wants nothing to do with her Son. I had figured for a while that it was cause it was too hard but now she is remarried and has 2 kids (twins) and one on the way.

To each their own I guess.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Howdy
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to SasCrotch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkie
We were married for 8 years. During our Marriage we lost our first child and it took a toll on us that caused us to divorce, even after our second child was born.

The divorce doesn't bother me its the part where she wants nothing to do with her Son. I had figured for a while that it was cause it was too hard but now she is remarried and has 2 kids (twins) and one on the way.

To each their own I guess.
Man, that really sucks Click here to enlarge

Feel free to post in this forum any time! We need more traffic in here Click here to enlarge

I am a strong believer in the saying everything happens for a reason. And it seems as though your son has an amazing father Click here to enlarge

post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 09:00 PM

It will be our twelve year anniv on May 25th. Our first court date is June 4th - I pray it is our only. I am willing to walk away from everything but the kids I want out that bad. I am not going to, especially since he "thinks" he can get custody. Took a long time for me to do it. too long. I too believe everything happens for a reason.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in