I recently became a single mom - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Single Moms Single Moms Support- We're doing by ourselves but we're not alone. Come here to chat about the pros and cons of being an unattached parent. Support only please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I recently became a single mom

My fiancee left 2 months ago. We have an 11 month old daughter together. He said he was going for a walk then an hour and a half later I got a text message from him saying he was done with me and our daughter Keira(Actually his words were "your daughter").He then came back 2 weeks later, spent the day with us, said he would be back the week after and has not called or came here since.
He left for another woman. I know that he is staying with her somewhere in Hagerstown or WV. I have no way of contacting him if somthing happens. It had really hurt me when it first happened. Now I just need to know that me not trying to traxk him down is the right thing to do. I am sorry for rambling I just needed to get that off my chest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge
I would consider talking to a lawyer, starting the process of custody and child support is important.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have already started that process through social services.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I don't think social services helps to establish custody.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

And make sure you stick to your guns, even if he starts being nice to you during the negotiation process. Some sucky men (like my friend's rat-bastard ex) will try to soften you up by being nice--once you've agreed to a lower rate of child support or a very generous visitation schedule, it's back to his old shitty self!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am doing the custody part of things through the county courthouse.

I am sticking to my guns, I applied for full legal and physical custody with supervised visitation. He has not tried to see her since he left so I highly doubt he is going to fight me on the custody, and he has no choice with the child support because in MD mom really has no choice on how much it is set for. If he does not pay, MD is very quick to assign jail time.
He knows the system unfortunatly, he has a 6 year old son as well. He never sees him and he owes 14000 in child support. Unfortunatly. Minnesota (where his son lives) does not do jail time all that often.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Sounds like you have it together on getting support & custody. That's good to do it thru the coursthouse. I did. I have sole custody and guardianship. I don't know what it's called where you are, but sole guardianship is very important if you don't want to have to trck him down to sign for stuff.

Right now, my ex has reasonable access. It works for us, and so far no need for the courts to define it. He hasn't asked to see her alone, visiting with me there seems to work well for both of us.

I"m sorry you're going thru this. I think you are oding the right thing going thru the legal system rather than just trying to track him down though. If he is really ging to be involved in his child's life, that has to come form him. I personally wouldn't oush on that either.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

He just RSVPed folr Keiras birthday party on jan 6th.
Actually he had his mother do it for him. He is sooo worthless I am just angry now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in