how long have you been single? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Single Moms Single Moms Support- We're doing by ourselves but we're not alone. Come here to chat about the pros and cons of being an unattached parent. Support only please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

how long have you been single?

I've been divorced just over 1 year. I currently am not dating and don't have a boyfriend. I still feel new to being single, after almost 10 years of marriage. I have a lot of mixed emotions and I feel like I have to go through a lot of this crap alone. It be nice to hear others experiences.
thanks, tami
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I've been divorced for a little more than 2 years. I have not dated anyone seriously yet. I feel lonely alot of the time, especially when my daughter is visiting her dad in another state. Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter to pieces but I'm CRAVING some male attention (if you know what I mean! Click here to enlarge)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

yes, i definitely know what you mean.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 07:25 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I feel like been single for 8 years. Click here to enlarge: I try to forget. I had two short relationships in that time, but not serious. And not the type where the other person helped with my children.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have been single for 10 mths now.. no boyfriend, just enjoying it being me and my kid
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Welcome Funky!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have been divorced for 2 months now, but basically single for nearly 2 years. I am so fucking lonely. I love my boys, but at 5 and almost 2, they don't always provide the most stimulating conversation.

I hate it right now and I am throwing myself a huge pity party. I am soooo sad and lonely and it truly, truly sucks.

fuck.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

hey elmo, i hope you are feeling better today. I really do know how you feel. The holidays were really hard for me, and it seemed like none of my friends really understood or cared. That was a hard time. But it gets better. Hang in there.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Christmas 2008
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to krissi
I have been single nearly 5 years. I have a 13,8 and 6 year old and I know what you mean about being lonely. I have good days and bad days

Christmas 2008
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

New here to the single moms club.

Ive been single for 2 years now and am semi happy. My son is with his fater in another state for the summer so that sucks. I hate coming home to this empty house every night. I dated a guy for a year but it didn't work out so here I am back single again.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hello, so glad there is a single moms forum on here!

I have been single for about a year and a half. The SOB and I broke up when I was 3 months preggo and he disappeared the end of Oct of last year. The last time I saw him was when my son was 2 months old. It's sad really.

I haven't really dated. I have lots of guy friends but my confidence level is about at a -50 right now, so that's not helping me. lol. Although I have enjoyed flirting with guys, having a real relationship would be nice.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

New here and new to being single.
My douchebag husband of 12 years walked out two weeks before our son's first birthday and ONE DAY after my father was in a fatal car crash. It was four month ago today.
I can't even fathom being with someone new after all that time. But I'm happy to say that I am finally at the point where I honestly wouldn't take that piece of crap back. I sold everything and moved to another state with the baby.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have been single since I have been 13 weeks pregnant my ex my daughters father left then. He hasn't contacted me since . His parents stay in touch with me so that they can get up dates on their grand daughter. I have plenty of support from my family and his parents so its all good. My daughter is 10 months old now and doesn't know or call ne one daddy . I know that some day I will meet someone but for now its just us girls which has been nice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in