POINTS! What do you do to make things easier? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Single Moms Single Moms Support- We're doing by ourselves but we're not alone. Come here to chat about the pros and cons of being an unattached parent. Support only please.

7Likes
  • 1 Post By pinkpunkogirl
  • 1 Post By pinkpunkogirl
  • 1 Post By Mama Piadosa
  • 1 Post By texasmommy
  • 1 Post By texasmommy
  • 1 Post By lauraheartsherlittleone
  • 1 Post By barbie613

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

POINTS! What do you do to make things easier?

Post some of your tricks and I'll send you some points. Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 07:41 PM
WickedRed
Ambulance Chaser

Hmmm! How about making dinner for the week Sunday? I also use a ball of foil in the dryer and not bounce sheets. Also to make it look easy I just fake the big old everythings fone smile ~lol~

That worth any points?

~Me~
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 07:42 PM
WickedRed
Ambulance Chaser

How do I post a pic? ~lol~ trying to find it, but this site is so big.

~me~
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 06:50 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I use my sick and personal days as mental health days, and I use daycare on those days.

So there are days when I have been known to take my child to daycare, then go back home and go to bed.

Does this make me a bad mom, NO, in fact I think it makes me a better mom. We all need to find some time to relax and regroup.

I did this yesterday. Got back up at 10, took a long bath, read a book. And went and got her after naptime.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 05:47 PM
WickedRed
Ambulance Chaser

By a Slow Cooker! They are the best! I make all sorts of things in them, and then when you get home dinner is all set.

~ I put a few choices for lunch on the table the night before, after desert both kids go in the kitchen and make their own lunch! It's ready in the morning.

~ I always have the kids or help the kids lay out their clothes for the next day!

I can't think of anything more, just, I use photo albums to make recipe books. I put all the recipes I print or clip in them. They make a great book and the pages wipe off really easy (I tend to spill)

That's it! I also posted a new "craft" above that DS did, last time I did I was not a paid member yet.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 09:46 AM
SourMilk
Ambulance Chaser

I try to put in a load of laundry right in the am before I go to work. That way when I get home I have them drying and usually fold during the down time of the kids. While dd is in highchair eating or ds in inthrawled in Ninja Turtles Click here to enlarge
I try to do that every day or every other and I stay on top of it.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

thank you ladies! I'll send some points your way just as soon as I can sit up for longer than 3 mins without getting sick.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I put two plastic baskets on the kitchen counter, so when ds 5 comes home from school, we put his library book, important reminders, books etc. in the basket. So come morning i'm not running around looking for his things. The other basket is for my bills etc. i like to call that basket, my. i'll deal with it later basket.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 09:50 AM
Kryssie
Ambulance Chaser

book

I purchased the book "Chicken Soup for the Single Parents Soul" It brings me up reading stories about others when I have been dragged down by the asshat. Click here to enlarge It also reminds me that I am not the only person this has ever happened to. Click here to enlarge
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 03:09 PM
katealim
Ambulance Chaser

I got a house 4 doors down from my parents house. Cheating....well maybe, but nobody babysits like grandma does when your in a pinch!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 10:34 AM
pinkpunkogirl
Ambulance Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-townmama
I put two plastic baskets on the kitchen counter, so when ds 5 comes home from school, we put his library book, important reminders, books etc. in the basket. So come morning i'm not running around looking for his things. The other basket is for my bills etc. i like to call that basket, my. i'll deal with it later basket.
ohhh, i like that idea! my 9 yr old is always running around the house like a chicken with no head!
nathanbault likes this.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 10:40 AM
pinkpunkogirl
Ambulance Chaser

Talking

when cleaning a room, i have a box or basket and throw everything that doesn't belong in that room into it. once i am finished in that room, i go through the box and put the contents in their proper places. (i have a lot of these boxes waiting for me! LOL)
to relax, i get online. i'm either playing pogo, playing in a tour on pogo or i'm messing around on myspace. i know! i might be a little too old for it, but i need something to keep me feeling young!
to get aggression out, i slam doors....i mean i roller skate!
nathanbault likes this.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Mama Piadosa
Ambulance Chaser

I give the kiddos lists of what has to be done at night- that way I'm not riding their behinds all night long, they know what to expect AND the chores, baths etc get done!!!
nathanbault likes this.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

what I do to make things is easier is not have anymore kids....
nathanbault likes this.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

*correction i dont get pregnant that helps...
nathanbault likes this.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 04:30 PM
lauraheartsherlittleone
Ambulance Chaser

I go grocery shopping on either Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning because it's less stressful than trying to grocery shop after work with a toddler who just wants to go home, play, eat dinner, take a bath, and go to bed. If I stop at the store, he screams the remainder of the drive home.

Another vote for weekend cooking and crock pots. I make things that reheat well ~ chili, soups, casseroles, lasagna, etc.
nathanbault likes this.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I try to take things one day at a time. If I don't, I drive myself crazy trying to get everything done.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Smile Outsource

I farm out whatever recurring tasks I can. I have a housekeeper that comes bi-weekly and I order our groceries. The time and frustration I save, to me, justifies the small expense.
nathanbault likes this.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 10:42 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Try again and again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in