If you want into the special needs forum? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Special needs Support, advice and information for parents and caregivers of all children with Special Needs.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 204 (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Dog loves you!
Hard-Core Sybermom

If you want into the special needs forum?

Please PM me, send me an yahoo IM at kimd1of4, or post here.

The forum is for anyone who is the parent of a special needs child, and this can run the gamut from ADD/ADHD to various other medical conditions.

We prefer a minimum 200 post count and that you be registered for two months to be admitted to the private special needs forum, although exceptions are sometimes made.

If you post in this thread, and I don't get back to you within a couple of days-post in the ME for me (I admit to not checking the public forum as often as I should).

This is my signature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 204 (permalink) Old 07-05-2003, 10:47 PM
Di Vaughn
Ambulance Chaser

I'd like to get into this forum. My son was just given a fairly obscure diagnosis over last weekend and one of your members recommended me over here.

Love,

Diane.
http://www.babiesonline/com/babies/e/evankyle
post #3 of 204 (permalink) Old 07-06-2003, 11:15 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Diane

TCL, our admin for this forum, is off on a 2 week vacation, so it might be a while before you get a reply from her.

At this stage, your post count and duration of membership does not meet requirements for entering the forum. If you feel you may meet requirements with exception, please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] with an explanation and I will see what I can do.

Otherwise, you are welcome to wait until TCL returns from vacation and speak with her directly about it.

Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Hi.. I'm not up to enough posts.. but would love in when you feel I am ready. We've recently adopted, and our oldest has some issues.

TIA!

Jenn
post #5 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 11:38 AM
mrsbtch2u
Ambulance Chaser

I am looking for help on a diagnosis of NF1 for my one year old. Was wondering if I could find some assistance here. I am not to enough posts yet either, though I have been here for about three weeks now. Thanks!
post #6 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 09:58 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'd like in, please. My Ds was diagnosed ADHD today.

Thanks
post #7 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Dog loves you!
Hard-Core Sybermom

Okay, everyone is added to this point

This is my signature.
post #8 of 204 (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 04:41 PM
AdJakeMom
Ambulance Chaser

Me, too?

Hi. I'd like access, too. I was referred by a long-time member (BadWorkingMom) and my little guy has Down syndrome:

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jakeyanthony (password is blessing)

I also host the BC board on Down syndrome so maybe that can be an exception? Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 204 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Dog loves you!
Hard-Core Sybermom

done

This is my signature.
post #10 of 204 (permalink) Old 09-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to 3xLady
Hello, I would like to join you ladies if I can? My youngest son was born with cataracts. We have ongoing vision issues.
post #11 of 204 (permalink) Old 09-07-2003, 12:07 AM
Ambulance Chaser

I would also like to join. I have a 2 year old that is globally developmentally delayed and has been tested for just about everything, from downs to cystic fibrosis. We are still testing to find out a diagnosis.

I also have a 1 year old who has hyptonia an may have had a stroke either at birth or sometime there after - she was 5 weeks premature.

Thanks!
post #12 of 204 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Dog loves you!
Hard-Core Sybermom

Done

This is my signature.
post #13 of 204 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 06:11 PM
rodeomomof2
Ambulance Chaser

will you read my post?

I'm a new Sybermmom so I'm sure if you're interested in corresponding with me or not. I am a Special Education teacher and have had wonderful experiences with the children I work with daily. I'd love to visit with more special-need-friendly people. My AOL IM user name is billsrodeowife, yahoo IM is eliiejo76. I hope to hear from you.
post #14 of 204 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'd like in as well please. My ds has ADHD.
post #15 of 204 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Dog loves you!
Hard-Core Sybermom

Done

This is my signature.
post #16 of 204 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Twinsanity Twatwaffles
I know I don't have the post count or enough time in but just letting you know I'm outside the door. I posted in multiples/intros about my former preemie twins, son with residual issues. So far no formal dx other than BPD (bronchopulmonary dysplasia...scar tissue in lungs due to ventilator) and developmental delay. He just started developmental kindergarten and is labeled pre-primary impaired for the purpose of obtaining special ed services through the school. We're currently awaiting word from above-- OK, an appointment with the neuro dog--expecting a CP dx in the who-knows-how-distant future.

We've also got two older boys with ADHD (fishing for info--anyone with Strattera experience in here?).

I'm sure LesMonster will vouch for my validity, if there's any chance of the door opening any time soon Click here to enlarge
post #17 of 204 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 09:05 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to terra
Not sure I would be an appropriate addition or not. My 7-week old son is having suck issues, and we have been seeing a speech therapist and will see a physical therapist. Not sure how long he will be receiving therapy. If this would be a good place for us, I'd love access. Thank you.
post #18 of 204 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 04:48 PM
ophelia2002
Ambulance Chaser

Out of curiosity, why the need to have a certain number of posts? I mean, I popped in here (I just joined today) because I work with kids with special needs and thought maybe I could help share some information with parents but because of the restrictions, no can do.

But then I got to thinking about how I would feel if I were a parent of a child with special needs and was looking for support but found that I could only get that support if I made so many posts or had been here for a certain amount of time. What gives?
post #19 of 204 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 12:09 AM
Zachsmom898
Ambulance Chaser

May I join please? In the throws of getting son tested (5yr old) for behavioral issues and could use some support.
post #20 of 204 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 07:09 AM
Ambulance Chaser

ophelia, there are reasons for the post/time requirement. Trolls being one of those reasons. This forum is fairly lenient on those requirements, however it is more important to protect those who are already members, as I am sure you can appreciate Click here to enlarge

If a poster has under the required number of posts/membership time, they are encouraged to PM or email Church Lady or myself and we will look into it for them. Nobody in true need of support will be ignored, that I can guarantee you.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in