I spoke with the psychologist at the school this morning. She told me to request in writing again to do the evaluation, since they denied the first one. As I was told by the doctor at the school, they have twenty days to respond to this. Please excuse any typos. I am hereby on a rampage. This is my letter:
Dear Ms. XXX:
As suggested by Dr. XXX during our conversation on February 4th, I am hereby requesting again a Child Study Team Evaluation for my son, XXXX. *ds* went for his Occupational Therapy Evaluation on January 23rd. He saw Ms. XXX, and she told me on that day that he does not need occupational therapy. I am awaiting the evaluation to come in the mail from XXX Hospital.
Please note, both *ds's* Neurodevelopmental Pediatrician, Dr. XXX and his social worker, Ms. XXX, both highly recommend that he have an evaluation directed by the school, and they have told me that they do not understand why it is not being done.
Each day, I am receiving notes from (ds's teacher), Mrs. XXX stating that *ds* is hitting, screaming and/or destroying property. I have received a phone call from (principal) Mr. XXX saying that *ds* was sent to his office for hitting other children and throwing papers. (Teacher) has told me that *ds* threatened to "kill" two other students. I am doing everything I can think of to help the situation, but nothing is working. It was suggested by the team that *ds* see (social worker) more than once every two weeks. This is not possible, as she does not have room in her schedule. I do not with to switch *ds's* social worker; I feel as if this kind of change would make things worse for him. *ds's* report card states that his behavior will eventually start affecting his school work. I want to do something before it goes this far. He is an extremely intelligent boy, and with some help, things could be a lot better for him. I have not even mentioned half of the problems or issues on my mind at the moment.
Please reconsider doing the evaluation.