Sybermoms Parenting Forum - View Single Post - SyberStudent Orientation - Fall 2009
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 06:16 AM
Sataria
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm so glad to see this here! I don't think I knew there was a student forum, or if I did, I forgot Click here to enlarge

I am currently taking courses for my Social Service Worker Diploma through my local community college. I had been taking one course per semester online because that was all I could afford money wise and time wise.

I was online one night searching for additional courses I could take, and I discovered that my college has a satellite program in a tiny community North of where I live. They are running an intensive summer institute in the SSW program this summer. I could hardly sleep, I was so excited! I called the next day, and she signed me up for the whole summer program. I can run a 'tab' for my tuition and I have to have it paid by September.

So, by September, I will have 12 of the 27 courses I need to graduate! It is over an hour drive one way to get to the campus, but it is so worth it. My work was unbelievably accomodating and allowed me to go part time. I'm incredibly exhausted all the time, I'm up at 6:30 a.m. and out the door by 7:30. I get to school for 9, and I'm there until 3. From there I run home, feed and walk the dog, throw some food around and them I'm at work until midnight.

My family has been incredibly supportive. My kid (18) has taken over a lot of the responsibilities around the house, he's even making beds! Some of you may recall that this is my runaway, so it makes it even more special that things have turned around so much.

Money is tighter than ever with paying tuition, books, taking a paycut to go part time, and gas! Oh my, I'm paying over $100 a week in gas.

Well, thanks for letting me write that novel, I'm off to complete my final assignment for my Case Management course. This week is assignment week, so I don't have to go to the campus at all, I can just email my assignments.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome