Sybermoms Parenting Forum - View Single Post - Weaning help...
Thread: Weaning help...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
LetThereBeLips
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Weaning help...

Well, not really with weaning, more like with getting her to drink milk. I've started to "not offer, not refuse" with Becky, and she pretty much has no desire to nurse during the day at all now. She'll laugh at me, actually and launch herself off my lap. When she wake at night (at least once) she nurses herself back to sleep but even that is more comfort nursing than nutritional nursing. I'm guessing the flavor has changed enough due to pregnancy that she doesn't want to be bothered with it anymore. Honestly I am not horribly upset because it gives me back my boobs for a few months.

So, she's fine with a sippy filled with juice-flavored water as I like to call it. Mostly water with a splash of juice.

I got some whole milk and I've been offering that in a sippy as well. She'll take a drink, wrinkle her nose and put it down.

Should I just keep trying with the sippy of milk? Try a regular cup? Try soy or something other than cow's milk? The other two transitioned easily. Oldest was using bottles since she was in daycare and middle nursed happily until she was 3 but would also drink milk from a sippy without a fuss. So this is new to me. Click here to enlarge

Any hints and tips are greatly appreciated, as always!

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome