Thread: update on my dh
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 08:47 AM
_DJ_
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to _DJ_
Quote:
Originally posted by calumet
He's been seriously considering seperation, without telling you why, beyond needing to work things out in his head. That's a huge red flag. People that won't talk about the things that are bothering them, using the 'work it out for myself first' line of reasoning are not hearing other's POVs. The only conclusion they can come to is what they've worked out, and chances are it will be a self-serving solution.
Click here to enlarge with the above. My ex-DH did the same thing. Came to me out of the blue (in my mind) and told me he thought he had to move out to "clear things up". A myriad of reasons followed. He refused to consider counseling, I cried and asked what I could do to make him not do such a thing - nothing worked - he had made up his mind that he needed to move out and that was it. Long story short - and I'm not saying this is your situation at all - he wanted to move out so he could fool around with another woman and 'see where that went', basically he figured the grass was greener with someone else, but didn't have the balls to completely sever our relationship. He wanted me as a backup plan. I was in limbo for 5 agonizing months before I told him to basically move back in, agree to counseling or I was filing for divorce. I have been divorced now for over 2 years Click here to enlarge It was a very difficult time for me, and I still have moments of resentment against him because of his unbelievable selfishness. Oddly enough though, my son and I are much happier in our daily life now than we were before. It is hard at times, because I do feel bad that my son's father is not "there" for him, but honestly, he wasn't there for him when we were married so....

Anway! I know I don't know you, but I have you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, I hope your situation works out the best for you and your children. Click here to enlarge

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome